How do you carry the E1L and E2L?

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
Hi there, I'm new to Surefire lights in general, but now have an E1L and E2L, along with a E2DL dual output (Man that thing is bright!). I love them, US made and super warranty ect., only problem is, how do you carry these things? I hate the bezel up carry, as I am always scared of scratching the lens with something, and the E1L just sorta twists around when clipped to my pocket, so I don't trust it to stay put. I have been dropping them in my pocket and making sure nothing else is in there with them, but is there a better way? Some sort of nice holster like the Fenix lights have? I know Surefire makes some holsters, but haven't looked into them. Any info you guys can give me would be appreciated. I wouldn't mind a sleek and secure little nylon holster for either the E1 or E2 type lights if I could find one. It would let me free up my pocket when I need too.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
My E1L like this:

IMG_4712.jpg

The small clip is from a SF lanyard. Clip it to the top of the pocket and the whole light is inside the pocket.

I use the normal clip when attaching it to a BB cap.

Works with the long clip on the E2L if you have deep pockets.

Everett

Newly Enlightened
I used to carry my E1L stuck through and clipped onto one of my front belt loops. Light body through the loop, clip outside the loop. It's a very fast draw, and I never had it fall off. This was a suggestion I saw by another CPF member some time ago, but I don't remember who.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I swapped tailcaps between the E1L and E2DL. I did this so I could have a decent lanyard attachment point on the E1L, and having a skinny tailcap on the E2DL allows it to more easily slip into a belt holster. I attached a Surefire lanyard to the E1L and when I take it with me, it goes around my neck.

litework

Newly Enlightened
I put a small split ring on the pocket clip and attach a lanyard. I allow the light to "float" about mid pocket by wrapping (but not tying) the lanyard around my belt or belt loop. It's better with a belt because the knot in the lanyard is too big to pass between the belt and pants without a good tug. I do this with all my one cell pocket lights.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't carry my E1L and E2L.

In the event that I actually want to use it, which I make sure I won't take them far... I have to empty out a pocket for it.

sappyg

Enlightened
check out concealco dot com.... i use one every day bezel down. the material and workmanship is top shelf and thet are basically handmade.

vb14

Newly Enlightened
I used to have an E1L and the only way I could edc it is with the V21 holster.

vb14

Newly Enlightened
I used to have an E1L and the only way I could edc it is with the V21 holster.

Oops. My mistake. The V21 is the one sitting in my drawer that I bought for the Jet3-M that didn't fit :(. I can't remember what's the surefire model of the holster for the E1L, but you get the idea :).

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
That looks exactly like the one that comes with most MiniMags. I wonder if Ripoffs makes the holsters that Mag uses.

its possible, besides once you have the webbing & a sewing machine you could make them yourself. do take care when sewing thick materials like these, go too fast & the needle may break!!:eek: i manually turning my electric sewing machine to avoid that danger... :sweat:

the finer trick is to sew real close to the edge, once with a straight line & follow up to strenghten it with a narrow zigzag pattern.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
E1L - in the pocket, unclipped
E2L - in the pocket, clipped

I fail to see a reason to carry any SF E series in a holster, unless you are LE on duty.

Illum

Flashaholic
I fail to see a reason to carry any SF E series in a holster, unless you are LE on duty.

Other than the fact that while the E series fit will inside pockets and beside the wallet it never fails to rip up something when pressure is exerted on it...now without the knurling yeah...theres no reason for it to be on a holster...especially the E1L:laughing:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
E2DL tail on my E2L with lanyard attached to tail.

I never pocket carry my E2L - its always in my EDC bag.

crocodilo

Enlightened
Q: How do you carry the E1L and E2L?

A: Same as all my other lights: 501's left front pocket, nothing else in it.

Q: How do you carry the Millie and Para?

A: Same as all my other knives: 501's right front pocket, nothing else in it.

Q: How do you carry all your other EDC stuff?

A: Easy. On an EDC bag. For short periods of frequent use, some items (keys, cellphone, tickets and papers) may be stuffed in the... 501's back pockets.