Grrr....Post that doesn't/didn't deliver on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODatsBright

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone else had this happen or have it happen regularly. This is the second time so far ordering lights that come regular United States Postal service that show up to my work address on a Saturday and the postal carrier, since it was closed for business, has apparently decided not to deliver the mail...any mail. The tracking number shows "...attempted to deliver at 10:21am...", however, no other mail was left and I checked the mailbox 2X today, once around 1:30 and again back through town around 4:30.

I have a lot of respect for our postal workers so I'm hesitant to call the postmaster to complain but this is the second time this has happened and another occasion, my and another employees packages were 'misplaced' from the regular mail and instead of delivering it when she found it, just took it back to the post office. I was able to track it during the day and the post master sent the carrier back out to deliver the 2 packages.

I guess I'm a flashaholic by definition....that was a lost night I could have been 'using' my light. :(

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you have a tracking number chances are that the package may need to be signed for and they won't just leave it there if that is the case.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
When they need to be signed for, the Mailman/woman usually leaves a note in the mailbox saying that "we missed you" with other options..

I knew a package was going to come one day, so I watched the mailman come from my window in my room.. He didn't even get out of the car.

I went to the mailbox some time later, expecting a package in there..but saw one of the "we missed you" letters. Needless to say, I was pretty angry, as I had to go to the PO the next day to claim my package.

I didn't bother complaining though, I guess that day, it was too cold outside for him to be ringing doorbells and waiting.

nMotion96

Newly Enlightened
It has happen to me with fedex. It was a saturday delivery and when i checked tracking it stated that they attempted to delivery but nobody was home to sign for it. The thing is that i was in the garage the whole day working on stuff with 3 other people, so if he came someone would have seen it. I think they were just lazy and or was almost time to go home so they just put down that they tried but nobody was there.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
If a business is closed on Saturday the mail is usually held until the following Monday for delivery.This is common practice with the USPS.If the package is going to a residential address it should be delivered on Satuday.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The alternative is that they leave mail at a closed business on Saturday, which then maybe has the chance to get stolen before Monday. And that makes people even more grumpy.

:)

Empath

Flashaholic
We'll be closing this thread, as off-topic.

There is a sticky thread in the Jeers forum called "Carrier Rants". It was created specifically for this topic. Please feel free to post your experience and concerns there.

Status
Not open for further replies.