Olight question or verification please....

Jaybird

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

I just ordered an Olight T10 Premium Q5 from 4sevens and I was just curious about the lumen output. It states on 4sevens that it's max output is 135 lumens but most other reviews I've seen on it states that it's 180-190 lumens. It makes no difference to me either way as it is a very nice light but is there 2 different models? misprint on 4sevens?

I don't know how long the price has been in effect for this light but $39 seems like a decent deal.

Thanks.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I understand it, there are actually 3 (maybe 4, now) different models out there:

1. Pre-Q5 versions with a lower-binned Cree XR-E emitter putting out 135 lumens on high;
2. Pre-2008 versions with a Cree Q5 putting out 180 lumens on high;
3. 2008 version with a Cree Q5 putting out 190 lumens on high;
4. 2008 version with a forward(?) clicky. (How this works with the mode-changing interface, I have no idea.)

The output chart on 4Sevens site appears to be the specs for the earlier pre-Q5 version.

The one I got from 4Sevens came in this morning and the box said Q5 and listed the high output as 180 lumens. So, my guess is that this light is the pre-2008 Q5 model.

This should mean, based on the review over at light-review dot com, that:

1. This version may not be compatible with RCR cells;
2. The runtime on high will be a bit better on primaries than the 2008 version. But the runtimes on Levels 2 and 3 will be a substantially shorter, 2.5 hours instead of 3.75 hours, 5.25 hours instead of 10 hours.

If you are just going to be using primaries, this seems to me to be a really good deal. Don't forget, you get an 8% CPF discount and free shipping (at least in the US) so the light actually costs something like $35.85

Last edited:

Jaybird

Newly Enlightened
Ok, thanks BBF, that clears that up.

Good to see Olight kept it simple with these models. <grin> :thinking: