P60L beam tint?

anon031508

Newly Enlightened
Is the beam tint of the newer P60L better than the old? (because I know the older P60L was blue as all hell)

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Led tint is always variable. There is no way to know until you buy one and see. Chances are it will be at least a little different though. It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. :D

cfromc

Enlightened
Many of the old ones were blue or purple but occasionally a white one could be found. The new ones seem to be less blue or purple but put up next to a nice white one there is still a hint of blue or purple in most. That is my experience at least and I've looked at about 40-50 of them since they were released.

Illum

Flashaholic
It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. :D

quite true with LEDs, you grab any two LED, whether it be SMT, high Flux, 3mm, 5mm, Luxeon, CREE or Seoul, hit it with 1-5ma and look at the die using a magnifying glass, there will always be blemishes of yellow here blue there to tell them apart. Occiasionally you'll find a pure white one [1 5mm out of a batch of 100] only to realize the perfect oddball was the first to burn out:shakehead