help me find a 2 mode weapon light?

fixitman

Newly Enlightened
I need a light to mount on a carbine. This will be for indoor and outdoor work. I need to be able to search my house, and my back yard and the end of the street. The farthest I can see unobstructed is 80 yards, but most areas are more like 60 yards. Most of the area is green grass, and evergreen trees.

Budget: max $70ish, and less is MUCH better.

Must haves:
2 modes (more is ok, but not needed)
40-80 lumens for indoors
120+ lumens for outdoors. Must be able to identify targets at 60 yards. Brighter is better :twothumbs
Mode changes need to be separate from the on/off switch
Must be simple to get from indoor to outdoor modes.

Want very badly:
*AA batteries, would be using lithiums or eneloops. I dont currently have any cr123 lights, and would prefer not to have to stock special batteries for 1 light.
*Neutral or Warm tint. Spent some time the other night exploring the property and nearby roads and fields. My dimmest light, which happens to be a warmer tint luxeon, was much better for spotting my dog, and other fuzzy critters, than moderatly brighter but cooler lights.
*Available tape switch.

Current contenders:
Fenix TK20. 2 easy to get to modes within my needed ranges. AA's, neutral tint. Only reason I haven't ordered one yet is I am afraid the beam may be too narrow.

Fenix TK10, or TK11. Pretty sure I would rather have the TK20, but maybe someone will convince me otherwise.

O-light T25 tactical. Looks like a damn fine light. I'm not sure on how the interface works. or beam tint and pattern.

Eagletac p10a2. Looks like a great light, and bright!

EagleTac P100A2 similar features to the p10a2, but less expensive. also probably less durable....

Jetbeam jet-III military. Looks pretty good. Can set my own lower level, available with neutral tint. downside is CR123s, and kinda spendy.

So far, I am pretty stuck on the Fenix TK20, but mostly because of its neutral tint.

Things I noticed about my current lights on my safari around the area.
*2D maglite LED: just not enough light, and very, very cool/purple tint. Spot to flood is decent. Could hit the 60 yard target areas, but not much beyond, and no color details. With more light, the beam would be decent for searching the area.
*Husky 2D 4watt: Throws like WOW!!!, but has dark area around the main spot. can see everything in the spot clearly out to 100yard, but anything not in the spot was not seeable. would definatly prefer a little wider spot with better transition from spot to flood.
*cheepass "3 watt tactical" luxeon from dealxtreme. so old its not even available anymore. Beam color is nice, much warmer than my other lights. beam pattern is good, but only good out to 20 yards or so. Suprisingly durable. Was much easier to see my dog, and the rabbits, and other details with this warmer tint than using my other small lights. This is what is currently on the Carbine.

Viper715

Enlightened
Out of your price range but I love my Olight M20 on my AR. Also could go with the T25. I think it has the same interface it has the button for on off and you loosen and then tighten the bezel to cycle through modes. I don't like that interface as much as the gladius/typoon selector because your never sure what mode you might be turning the light on in. I have the olight pressure switch and love it too. You could lego together a surefire 6P/9P clone and a two mode drop in pretty cheap. also. Just my two cents this was one heck of a step up from my old Streamlight M3 I had on there.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
TK11 R2 or M20

Proven.

(I can't speak for the TK20 so this isn't a fair assumption)