AB-50 in Suspense File in Appropriations Committee

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledfanfromjuno

Enlightened
Email Alert: AB-50moved to the Suspense File in the Appropriations Committee.

Sacramento,CA: Wednesday May 21st the Appropriations Committee of the CALegislature voted to move AB-50 (CA 50 Caliber Ban) to the suspense file andfailed to pass it out of that committee up to the Assembly floor for a vote.The bill can still be heard on Wednesday May 28th, but if the billis not brought back up for consideration before the end of May it will stay inthat committee and become a two year bill.

Weall need to continue our efforts at influencing Governor Davis office bycontinuing to write letters pointing out as CA sinks deeper into the fiscalmorass of a growing $38 BILLION dollar deficit, the elected leaders continue tofiddle while CA burns. In almostevery county in the state of CA, convicted felons are now being EarlyReleased from prisons and jails because there is no money to fund theirincarceration! But over in the Legislature, a small group of legislators areworried about a target rifle that has never been used in a crime.

Inmost CA counties District Attorneys can only afford to prosecute the mostseriousoffenders because they no longer have the funds to prosecute misdemeanoroffenders or lesser felons. Yet asa retired police officer, I now face the threat of being thrown into jail formerely owning a 50 caliber target rifle or having a single 50 caliber bullet.

Ifyou are like me, you are disgusted that our so-called leaders have theirheads buried in the sand pursuing yet another gun ban when we cant even affordto arrest, try or jail the real criminals on our streets.

JoinFCSPI and the NRA in making sure the Governor of CA; the Speaker of theAssembly and the members of the Assembly Appropriations Committee are aware ofour strong opposition to this bill. We need everyone to write letters, sendfaxes and email to everyone listed above.

Addressesand contact information on all members of the Assembly Appropriations Committeecan be found on our web page at: http://www.fcspi.org>along with other information.

Contact Informationfor Governor Gray Davis:

GovernorGray Davis
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: 916-445-2841
Fax: 916-445-4633
[email protected]

Contact Informationfor the Speaker of the Assembly:

The Honorable Herb J.Wessom Jr.

State Capitol
P.O. Box 942849
Sacramento, CA 94249-0047
Phone: (916) 319-2047
Fax: (916) 319-2147

[email protected]

TheGovernor of California and the Speaker of the Assembly are two of the mostinfluential people in the state capitol when it comes to controlling themovement of legislation. Let them know how you feel about this bill.

JohnBurtt

FCSPI

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the sooner ca slips off into the ocean and takes its politicians and the majority of its citizens with it the better. they deserve what they get.

for the residents with a brain, move!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
fc183779.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
This brainless one has abstained from rising to TKL's bait. It's been a challenge but so far, so good............

- Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I hear you bent beak. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back on topic, it really is amazing to me that our legislators seem to be focused on the benign while the cancer grows??!? Not always the case but seemingly too often.

But what do I know? I intentionally don't read the papers or watch the news and being brainless precludes cogitation of import.

- Don

Darell

Flashaholic
Nahhh. I just can't let this go.

LEDFANFROMJUNO - if you'd like to begin another thread on this subject, I invite you to do so.

TKL - I invite you to stop baiting and berating.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.