My Squeeky Clean Wee

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well... I'm just logging in to let everyone know that my Wee is now squeeky clean... my Titanium Lummi Wee that is.

As I was emptying the dryer full of clothes, I was about to shut the door when something caught my eye. It was my Lummi Wee with it's tiny lanyard lying on the edge of the dryer door. I thought, "What in the hell is my Wee doing in the dryer?":confused:. Then to my horror I realized that it had just been through a wash, aggitate, rinse, spin, rinse and spin cycle PLUS a tumble through the heated depths of my dryer!!!:ohgeez::eek:

I picked my wee up as one might picked up their favorite pet that had just been run over. Not knowing if it would come to life again, I hesitantly inspected it looking for any damage. NONE. WHEW. So far so good. I then paused and twisted the head. :popcorn:... WOW :huh: the most amazing beam of light emitted from my Wee, or so it seemed. The light was actually working much to my amazement. I was blown away! I couldn't believe it was still working. When I disassembled the Wee, the only thing that I could see was a little condensation that had accumulated on the window. There was also a brownish tint to the white strip on the + terminal of the battery, like it had been burned? I don't know if this is a something to worry about, but it read out as 3.77 volts when I checked it. It otherwise seems ok. DO you think it's still safe to use?

Anyway, for those of you who are thinking about getting a Lummi Wee, I can attest to it's durability. At least it's ability to hold up to a modern day wash machine and dryer. WIth all it's GREAT attributes, this light ROCKS!!!:rock:

Dan

BytorJr

Newly Enlightened
I washed and dried my Raw Al twice. Maybe only 1 time in the dryer. It still works like a champ. Rob makes some cool lights that are more durable than anybody would think.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont see why the light should stop working.

Even if it didn't survive the water test, the wee does not have electronic or electric components that can be damaged after getting wet, and the water have enough resistance to not let the battery to short.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Manufacturers should include this test as part of the IPX-8 standard.
Washing Machine - Pass √
Tumbling - Pass √
Dryer - Pass √
Impress other half after the ordeal - Pass √
:p

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
The title of this thread made me think of "Coming to America"

"The royal [wee] is clean, your highness."

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was impressed when my Surefire L1 survived the washer/dryer, although it was not a supriselovecpf

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
DO you think it's still safe to use?
I don't think so, you better send it to me so I can take care of proper recycling ;)

The Wee is such a great light, a good friend on mine once got one as a gift and she loves this tiny bright light. Economic crisis is hitting me hard though, I'll put up one for sale anytime soon :broke:

MKLight

Enlightened
Djans,

Great story! As for the brown strip on white part of the positive end of the 10280 battery, that may be leaking lithium. I had ordered a couple extra batteries from Lighthound and 1 had the same brown strip. They told me to trash the battery and the would send me a replacement. I didn't want to have any issues of additional leakage or anything else, so I did what was requested. FWIW, you may want to do the same. Also, someone with more knowledge about batteries at chime in and/or you could post something in the batteries section...or just order an extra battery to have on hand....

Good luck! The Wee Ti is a great light! :)

Mike

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Djans,

Great story! As for the brown strip on white part of the positive end of the 10280 battery, that may be leaking lithium. I had ordered a couple extra batteries from Lighthound and 1 had the same brown strip. They told me to trash the battery and the would send me a replacement. I didn't want to have any issues of additional leakage or anything else, so I did what was requested. FWIW, you may want to do the same. Also, someone with more knowledge about batteries at chime in and/or you could post something in the batteries section...or just order an extra battery to have on hand....

Good luck! The Wee Ti is a great light! :)

Mike

That's what I'm thinking... toss the battery, I have 2 more for backup anyway!

If I didn't love my Wee enough, I love it even more now!!! Praise to the Wee!!!:bow:

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
Well, a CPF member just sold me his Wee (why does that sound funny?!)
so I'm sure it will find it's way through the laundry some day.
All my cig lighters have made at least one trip, and lived!! :duh2:

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I washed my Pentagonlight Molle once. I was watching the washer and noticed a flash every so often. It came on and was just spinning around. Removed it. Dried it out well and it has had no adverse effects since. Lost the blue lens cap somehow. Never did find it in the washer. May have been in my pocket and got melted in the dryer. :oops:

Phill

Newly Enlightened
I washed my Pentagonlight Molle once. I was watching the washer and noticed a flash every so often. It came on and was just spinning around. Removed it. Dried it out well and it has had no adverse effects since. Lost the blue lens cap somehow. Never did find it in the washer. May have been in my pocket and got melted in the dryer. :oops:

Lolol.

Now thats awesome imagery worthy of a cheap early 90s sitcom :D

TECENG

Newly Enlightened
I ran my Fenix LODCE through the wash cycle once (unintentionally) and it came through with flying colors.

However I think I will keep my Wee away from the washer/dryer...

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is good to know that my Lummi's would survive the wash & dry!

MKLight

Enlightened
That's what I'm thinking... toss the battery, I have 2 more for backup anyway!

If I didn't love my Wee enough, I love it even more now!!! Praise to the Wee!!!:bow:

Definitely. Also, I agree with you about the Wee. I'm glad to know it can take a beating. I always thought it was tough, you just proved it. :)

The Wee...takes a lickin and keeps on tickin...or something like that. Lol ;)