• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS. One-off 27LT style Deviant - HA Nat' finish. ** SOLD **

Ganp

Enlightened
This is one of my earlier torches which was machined some time ago, but has only recently been anodised and completed with an R2 light engine. Although there is some interchangeability with the McLux 27LT I am not selling this as compatible - please see disclaimers.

NatDeviant2.jpg

The head is McLux 27LT fitting and houses an McR 27XR reflector, double AR coated UCL lens, interchangeable XR-E R2(WG)/GD1000 light engine, and a slim stainless steel bezel.

The body is fitted with a McClickie switch, and is drilled and tapped ready to fit a Titanium clip (not included). Shorter than normal screws are required to fit a clip and will be included in the sale, along with spare head and bezel o-rings.
Also included for future upgrades is another LE can, a heatsink ready sized for an XR-E Led mounted on a 14mm star, a blank heatsink, and some Delrin insulators. (The insulators are purely cosmetic in this build). The LE can is sized for 14.00mm diameter driver boards.

Head and body are made from 6082 alloy, finished in HA Nat' dark olive, and are a very good match. Of the lights I have made, I think this one has the best anodising so far and the surface is silky smooth with no burrs or rough edges.

The beam is nice and smooth. Runtime from a charged AW RCR17670 (protected) battery is estimated at approx' 45 minutes of constant bright light (depending on the state of the battery).

:caution: Disclaimers and points of note ....
There are some machining marks but they are minimal and not too distracting.
The LE is a sliding fit and although there is some pressure retention in the head, care must be taken when replacing the battery.
The LE is only for use with a single 3.7V RCR battery and the body is specifically designed for use with a single AW RCR17670 battery. Two 16340 batteries will NOT fit.
I am not selling this light as McLux 27LT compatible because - prior to anodising, the body would accept my McLux 27LT head - but since anodising it will not. (My bad with the thread tolerance :().
Runtime is ESTIMATED at 45 minutes. This XR-E/GD1000 combination gives 24 minutes continuous runtime from my AW RCR16340 700mAh batteries. A 1600mAh 17670 battery SHOULD be good for 45 minutes but I have not tested this.

SOLD
The price is $370.00 including PP fees and worldwide postage with insurance.
Priority will be given to the first "I'll take it" posted here ONLY IF FOLLOWED WITH A PROMPT PM.

Thanks for looking,
Colin.

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS. One-off 27LT style Deviant - HA Nat' finish.

Good to see you back buddy!!

Awsome light btw.
I can vouch for Colin`s Anodizing,to this date i have never touched a part that could come close to the finish that he does.

Awsome!

Benny

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

:wave: Thanks Benny, and thanks too for the kind words.

I'm not quite back to machining yet, but your bezels ARE first in the que.:eek:

Colin.

What bezels....
Take your time my friend.

Im just glad to see you posting here,it aint the same without you i tell ya ;)

Shouldnt you be in bed btw
?
:nana:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice light!

Great to see a post from you again :)

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

Beautiful Execution of Flashlight Perfection!!
Collin (grandpop)..............Booyah!! :twothumbs

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great to see you back Colin :party:

I have this light's little brother, a Deviant :D
Its a shame I'm so skint now :broke::broke::broke:

Good luck on the sale lovecpf

Ganp

Enlightened
Re: FS. One-off 27LT style Deviant - HA Nat' finish. ** SPF **

:sold: SPF - via PM :thanks:

And a big thanks to all you guys above too.:D

Colin