Scheduled Power Failure Tonight

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Well, not exactly, but no regular lights anyway. My wife went away for a few days which gives me the perfect opportunity to "rough it" with flashlights and lanterns. I've got Energizer Accent Lanterns, an Eddie Bauer (Coast) lantern, assorted LED nightlights, and pockets full of flashlights. And if any of those break down there's plenty more in reserve. I suppose I should strap on a headlamp or two.

Just a little crazy. :crazy:

Geoff

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
so did you take the fuses out too? just to make sure that the "authentic feel" of blackout stays?

i did do unscheduled powerfailure once too..
few years back at my sisters house.

i just got a small spark as my screwdriver hit plus and ground wires in her garage.

i was re installing the switch that broke. it worked but the old porceline base shattered so i changed newer one in. and small slip while screwing it to the wall. and just a small spark. honest! the screwdriver didnt even melt! hah

the short went thru 2 fuses withut burning them (one in garage and one in main fusebox) but it did fry the major one outside the house in the street. kinda amazed me. must of been weak old one there as it fried not the smaller ones in the house.

so whole neighbourhood went dark sunday evening.

too bad i wasnt as well equipped then as i would be now. only had 2 flashlights with me.

-and yes i did take the fuse out before i started.. but someone inside the house obviously thought that they needed that particular fuse to be placed back where " it had fallen off"!!!

since then. .
a written note on the fusebox DONOTTOUCH!
and verbal agreement of NO! DO NOT TOUCH IT!
and double checking the wires for voltage just in case.

*i did not turn the lights on yesterday when i was emptying the fireplace of the ashes.. i just used flashlights for fun.. i still like the tint of the terralux in maglite.. and found good use for it. hah.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Don't plan to pull the fuses. That would be too authentic, and I don't want to have to reset all the clocks. Besides, it would be tough to be on CPF. Just LED lighting plus a few radio dials and clocks. I might consider turning down the heat a bit.

Geoff

seaside

Enlightened
Well, not exactly, but no regular lights anyway. My wife went away for a few days which gives me the perfect opportunity to "rough it" with flashlights and lanterns. I've got Energizer Accent Lanterns, an Eddie Bauer (Coast) lantern, assorted LED nightlights, and pockets full of flashlights. And if any of those break down there's plenty more in reserve. I suppose I should strap on a headlamp or two.

Just a little crazy. :crazy:

Geoff

Scheduled Power failure sounds like you scheduled it. Is that right?

Anyway, I once asked the wife what we're gonna do when power cuts off. She said, we will sleep till next morning. Come on. we must have had something to do rather than that. Then, she said, we will go out. YOU buy me nice dinner, and drive back to home, then sleep. And she added, no stupid flashlight show at home. Darn. she knew me well.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Well, I didn't send my wife away so I could use only flashlights and lanterns. But I knew her absence would allow the possibility. She probably would not be surprised.

Geoff

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scheduled Power failure sounds like you scheduled it. Is that right?

Anyway, I once asked the wife what we're gonna do when power cuts off. She said, we will sleep till next morning. Come on. we must have had something to do rather than that. Then, she said, we will go out. YOU buy me nice dinner, and drive back to home, then sleep. And she added, no stupid flashlight show at home. Darn. she knew me well.

:crackup:
Flashlight show? what flashlight show?
flashlights are tools! you can't have a show with tools!

ever heard of a screwdriver show? hammer show? wrench show?
no!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a fun night, Geoff! Maybe turn on a battery powered transistor radio. That's what my family always did when the power went out. It adds to the effect.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Yes, indeed, I did use a few battery radios, and will again tonight. I'll get a few nights to goof with the lights before my wife returns. The only incands I plan to see are in the refrigerator and microwave.

Geoff