Legend LX Switch Too Stiff? Easy Fix...

yclo

Flashaholic*
Or a pen...
tongue.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Yes, I did the thing with the pen, but you have to physically reconstruct the spring with a couple of pairs of pliers, since the factory spring is held in its proper position/orientation by its larger coils not protruding from the inside of the switch...or it won't work. I guarantee this.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip. I just got a Legend LX, and the switch does indeed require two (strong) hands. I'll have to look into the spring thing. (What is it these days about so many GOOD flashlights with BAD switches?)

Saaby

Flashaholic
I just took out the batteries and cycled it on and off and on and off until I had a cramp in my thumb. It's not that bad now I think but others have a problem with it, so maybe my thumb is just strong now.

Gandalf

Enlightened
Mine was pretty stiff too. I just removed a little of the spring at a time, witha good pair of wirecutters, until It felt right to me. Took about 3 or 4 minutes.

PsycoBob[Q2]

Enlightened
Mine worked fine for me, stock.... but it's fun to hand it to someone smaller than me, and watch them try to work it.

PsycoBob[Q2]

Enlightened
There's a thought-. a switch with a bolt to tighten to adjust spring tension.... the LX is pretty close, I just haven't gotten the courage to risk damaging my new light just to find out if the tailcap comes apart.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I for one, do not mind the stiffness of the legend LX. Prevents it from going off in my pocket, and do not have any trouble activating it with my thumb, one handed.

Thanks for the mod, Mr. Bulk (TM)!

I do know that a lot of people would like a softer switch (I am not one of them however!)