Looking for 9V snap connector power cable

POH

Newly Enlightened
Was wondering if anyone has come across good 9V snap power cables. I'm using them on a custom LED bike like (Dinotte style) and want to stay with the 9V snap connector as I prefer to use an AA battery holder to power the lights.

I've used the 9V snaps you can get at Radio Shack and made up my own cables with them using 24 AWG and heat shrink tube but found that the wires tend to break at the connector with a little use as the cables are not secured to the snap by anything other than a dab of solder.

I'm looking for one that is either completely made up (9V snap connector + finished 2 wire cable) or a solid 9V snap that I can make up my own power cable. Any insight is appreciated.

jmw19

Newly Enlightened
You might have more luck searching Digikey or Mouser for these - I know I saw some molded plastic ones that encapsulate the wires and should withstand more use and abuse.

The RatShack ones can be reinforced with some epoxy or RTV silicone injected into the plastic enclosure, as long as you wipe the excess from the terminals before it sets.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for one that is either completely made up (9V snap connector + finished 2 wire cable) or a solid 9V snap that I can make up my own power cable. Any insight is appreciated.
You could rip open a 9V battery, then you get the connector board (and build your own cable) and 6 cells (either RP-AAAA or short, fat ones, depending on brand), which you may or may not be able to find a use for. I have one or two batches of those RP-AAAA sitting around, I've yet to get a penlight built for them... someday, I guess. (Obviously, if you rip open a dead 9V, you get 6 dead cells -- then the connector board is free, but you also don't get any cool toys.)