Terralux problems advice please

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi, my friend has just bought a 2D mag and terralux 140lm dropin, i told him to buy the Kaidomain with its heat sink like i have but he didnt listen, anyways i used his and thought it was pretty good but ill bring mine next time to compare - thinking mine to be a little brighter, well weve had them side by side and he is gutted i completely smoked him haha. i wasnt expecting this but makes me wonder if he has a dud ? it is a very cool ice blue tint rated at 140 lm and mine at 200 you cant even see any of his light when i switch mine on, and mine has a very nice warm tint to it.

should i have smoked him this much ? should he get an exchange ?
thanks

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I have used the Terralux dropin to my 2D. The tint is cool and to the bluish. The rating of 140lm is more correct for the 3D. using 2D it will be around 100lm. And that is in the beginning; the bad heatsinking makes the brightness dropping much if using constantly during some 10-20-30 minutes.

Now I have Malkoff dropin for 2-3D. Absolutely worth getting though the price is much higher, in my opinion. Brighter and much better heatsinking, very marginal brightness drop. The tint is much warmer and very comfortable.

What light is your Kaidomain, do you have a link?

Regards, Patric