4 color led flashlight

Scar1973

Newly Enlightened
Hi I am looking for a flashlight with three or for different color led lamps in it.
first one is with a Red. Orange and white leds.
Second one is one with a Red, Orange White and Green leds.

Does anyone know where to find one ? ? ?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I don't know of any one particular LED flashlight that offers those combinations, but there are plenty of individual colored LED lights that could help you achieve your purpose. What exactly is your application?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Such lights do exist, or did in the past. A few years ago I got a six pack of Husky brand rubber covered, 2 AA, 3 color, side clickie, crapola lights. I think the pack was $4 and only two worked. The LED colors were white, red, and yellow. I still have one and my son the other working units. The white is not terrible for one 5mm LED. The red and yellow are very blotchy. The clickie switch works poorly. I would not recommend these.

DSC04895.jpg

Geoff

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think CMG made one. It had an LED, and to change the different small filters, you would twist the bezel. I think it was called the Recon, tho.

I've also seen some of those multi color "hardcase" Energizer (i think) flashlight at my local Home Depot. Good luck.

Scar1973

Newly Enlightened
Wow thx for the speedy responstime guys ;)
I am looking for that lamp for my line of work,
My work is as a security/safety person in the subwaytunnels of Stockholm and railroads, in the subway I need red orange and white, and on the railroad I need red white and green.
theese are the colors that we use for hand signals ( with torch) in tunnels or night environment.
We have e lamp from work but FFS it is bloody huge and heavy (think it is from the early 80 something) :¨

fasuto

Enlightened
Take a look at First Light Usa Tomahawk MC
You can choose two models:
1) White, red, blue
2) White red, green

red+green at the same time is similar to orange (varies with intensity)

IceRat

Newly Enlightened
The "Gerber Foreman" comes with White, Red, Green, and Blue heads.

Scar1973

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for the effort in my search for a good job flashlight.
I think I have to buy a good one and do some soldering :( and that is something I am NOT good at. I think the KROMA and replacing the blue led´s for orange ones might do, It will be an expensive experiment and my wife might kill me but hey you only live once :p

Marduke

Flashaholic
Just how "orange" does it need to be? Many "red" lights are really more "red orange". Will a red suffice?

Sorry, but orange is simply not a very popular color.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
You need something that can be seen for some distance when it comes to rail signaling; most of the aforementioned suggestions use 5mm LEDs that when shined directly at the eyes are visible for maybe 100 yards, if you're specifically looking for it. Definitely not an option to signal an oncoming train to emergency stop.

I can envision a traffic wand-type light that uses a white plastic wand and then has the colored LEDs within; if these are Cree-type ~140 lumen color LEDs, then you're good to go, it would be like holding a small colored fluorescent tube, visible for some distance. The only catch is that you'd have to remove the wand section for using white light/using it like an actual flashlight.

A Mag host with four smaller reflectors in the head, one for each color, then some sort of unique switch, and the white wand part.. it doesn't sound too impossible..

marschw

Newly Enlightened
An RGB emitter with different value resistor networks connected to create whatever color you need could work, though it would need to be handmade AFAIK.