CMG Infinity Green?

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have heard that this light is about as bright as the Infinity Ultra. Is this true? And what is the best place to buy it? I have seen it for $15 at batterystation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

haertig

Newly Enlightened
Texas Tactical Supply has them for $11.99 The green is not quite as bright as the Ultra. But it's in the ballpark. Much easier on the eyes at night after you've been asleep for a while. The Ultra's beam is wider and smoother, there are a few rings in the green one's beam. I use my Ultra for around the house in the evening because it's white light is superior for most things that come up when there's already some ambient light. The green Infinity is my nighttime light. Up to the bathroom, etc. It's less harsh on the eyes. It's hard to say which one I'd pick if I could only have one. I'm now looking at maybe even getting a red one and a blue one to add to the set. I aready have a blue/green one too. Very similar to the green. Maybe the blue/green is a microscopic tad brighter than the green, but mine has slightly more pronounced rings. For me it's really a toss up between the green and blue/green. Since the green was my first, it kindof holds a special place in my heart. I don't have the original Infinity in white or amber so I can't comment on those. I'm not sure if they even still make the amber. For $11.99, don't agonize over it too much. Just buy one or more. I like nice sturdy well made things. All the Infinitys definitely qualify.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Color is a personal preference.

However some of the reasoning is based on physiological fact.

Green and blue-green will tend to appear brighter since those are the wavelengths that the human eye is most sensitive to - which could be good or bad.

Good because it looks brighter. Bad because since the eye is most sensitive to these colors - you dark adaption is more likely to be affected by bright levels of these colors.

Also bear in mind outdoors among woods and grass, green and blue-green lights will tend to give lower contrast in your illuminated environment, since foliage and grass are already green and will appear the same as "white" (other than the fact we "know" they are supposed to be green)

Whereas yellow/amber lights will tend to give (much) better contrast and definition even at lower illumination levels. Yellow is also the traditional color for anti-glare/anti-dazzle (hence the use of yellow in fog-lights and yellow anti-glare paper pads) so tends to affect your dark adaption less.

Also a small point since most urban environments at low light levels tend toward yellow tint - a yellow light tends to attract less attention than other colors like blue or green or red....