Really, really fattening food web site...

oronocova

Enlightened
Nothing like a slice of corn-dog-pizza and a good movie.

I can appreciate the 60 pound rice crispie treat.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
The *worst* thing is, if we assume that these weren't simply made for show, but are actually *eaten* by people, then there are some very unhealthy, very *deliberate* things out there which people ingest. Yuck!

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
the slinger looks like what i order at waffle house, and that website makes me hungry.
if i get a chance to get a heads up for a SAR trip i makes something that would fit right in there, a fried Bologna sandwich with two fried eggs and bacon with about three slices of cheese, it keeps me going and the heart burn keeps me awake... just try and get sleepy with a fire in your stomach, damn that is tasty.

Bonez

Newly Enlightened
Anybody from Rochester Ny knows that the best item on there is the garbage plate.... Nothing better at 2:30am after a long night of drinking :drunk:

Norm

Retired Administrator
animsmileybarf.gif
I suddenly don't feel so good.
Norm

LEDobsession

Enlightened
It kinda reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer makes Bart butter up his bacon. Then wrap that buttered bacon onto his sausage links.:eeew:

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for a garbage plate, Nick Tahou's was a great place when open 24 hours (but potentially a very dangerous and/or expensive place to go to the bathroom at 3 in the morning). That and some of the players used to come in a variety of genders -- A, B, C, D, or All of the Above. :eek:oo: Check out a garbage plate as defined on Wikipedia for more info. They are an institution all on their own. The ones with red hots were what was considered the original by most purists.

Now, I am sure I am forgetting some of this, but years ago on Leno a guy from a tavern in Georgia was on with their two menu "stars." The first was a bacon cheeseburger on a Krispy Kreme donut. But that was only the lite menu item. The second item was a tad worse. It was made from (and I might be forgetting one or two items):
- a hot dog,
- wrapped inside a pound of ground beef,
- that was then deep fried,
- topped with chili,
- cheese,
- fried (not grilled) onions,
- fried (not grilled) peppers, and
- a fried egg.

As I recall it 1,400 calories or more. 100+ grams of fat. Now, wanna bet on how many people eat one of those every single day? How many eat more than one a day? "Why is the cost of health care so high? I know it must be those durned aliens! (and just where DID they park that thar space ship anyhow?)"

There is a place (a great brew pub actually) just west of Rochester that has a "Heart Stopper Burger" on the menu -- a bacon cheeseburger with a fried egg on top. One every six months to a year used to be more than enough.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a place (a great brew pub actually) just west of Rochester that has a "Heart Stopper Burger" on the menu -- a bacon cheeseburger with a fried egg on top. One every six months to a year used to be more than enough.

That's available at Red Robin. It's called the Royal Red Robin Burger.

Before I tried one, I could never put my finger on it, but something always seemed to be missing from the hamburger, keeping it from being the pinnacle of deliciousness. Egg was that missing taste.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
seem the worst is the Fried MARS Bars they are doing in scotland...

and lets not forget the local recipe: Giros

but the worst of all ages is a medieval recipe called something like "the pillow of sad daybreak)

lust a baked envelope of wheat dough with liver, pork, lamp and other heavy duty meat all sloshed in lard!

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I didn't see it on that site but one of my late father's "health food" favorites was dipping bread into bacon grease. :sick2: His eating habits improved slightly after his first heart attack but were still nothing to write home about. I bet he would have eaten most of the stuff on the site. I personally want to puke just looking at those foods. It amazes me anybody can injest that stuff without it immediately coming out of both ends.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
umm.. some of those things look and sound really..ermm..

yummy.

drool..

im hungry.

Yeah, geez. I don't mind the fatty stuff just because of that, but some of that food just looks horrible because it is just ... horrible. "The cannibal". And I'm with carbine15 when I got to the pork brains. That's about where I stopped scrolling.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
seem the worst is the Fried MARS Bars they are doing in scotland...
Let me tell you about a pizza they served me in Scotland. It was uncooked dough smeared with a layer of tomato paste and sprinkled with salt. The server asked if I wanted a side of chips (fries) with my pizza. I couldn't believe it.

Back to the book, I think I do have an entry for it. When I was a teen I regularly gathered up the leftovers in the frig and stacked them on a plate. I remember one time it got a little unpalatable. I think it was chili beans and sliced peaches and spaghetti mixed together at the bottom and covered by a large mound of mashed potatoes. Added the the mashed potato mound were macaroni and cheese with ham hunks, sprinkled with black olives, covered with lots of ketchup, and topped with an unshelled hard boiled egg.

Qoose

Enlightened
My friends and I have been watching this site for a while.

There is a lot of stuff on it that is just absurd. But then the other half just looks delicious. I've always been a fan of poutine, which in itself is a pile of death. Usually I can justify calorically it by snowboarding. But then this site came and blew my mind. Bacon Poutine.