New LED for me!

T3hk1w1

Newly Enlightened
After about 6 months of casually looking around for a new EDC light I bought an Inova T1 today. I'd looked at quite a few reviews and it seemed nobody had anything bad to say about it. It will be replacing my trusty 3rd gen. Inova X5 as my EDC. This is my second Inova light and from what I've seen so far it will be far from my last.
I was pleased to note this this light comes with 2 Energizer Lithium CR123s-the same ones that cost $10 a pop at my local hardware store.

A couple early observations
1) It's sturdy-much like the X5, this light gives me the impression I could run it over with my Jeep multiple times without significant damage. Just for grins, I took some digital calipers to it-the main tube is exactly 4mm thick (+/- .05mm). Even with the knurling cuts, it's at least 3mm thick. That's pretty tough.

2) It's pretty bright. It easily outshines my 3D Maglight (incan). It's not as bright as a xenon Surefire, but then it's heck of a lot cheaper.

3) The beam pattern is excellent-enough spill to easily see where you are walking, and a pretty good throw pattern as well. The spill and the main beam are very even in shape with no dark spots or splotches.

4) This light has a very warm tint to it for an LED, it may be the whitest I've seen.

Jury is still out, but I think I've picked a winner here. And for $50, the I think the price is unbeatable.

Any suggestions on a good belt holster for it?

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
I'm not sure of a belt holster- check Lighthound.com
As for the Lithium 123s- Buy American / Japanese made ones in bulk online (Surefire.com or elsewhere) as its MUCH cheaper.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the bulk buying.

A cr123 camera battery at WalMart is 15 bucks 0_0

I get 9 for that price with Surefire.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
seemed nobody had anything bad to say about it.
not really "bad", but
*uses expensive batteries

else: very nice. rugged, very good machining, extremely good "feel", ...
if only there were a high/low UI

PS: the wall thickness You measured covers "only" 1/3 of the body length:
b7hpa0y8ie4prtwps.jpg

the rest is ~2 mm.
But I also think one can run the light over with a car/truck and it will survive more than a SF 6P and similar lights (of whatever wall thickness).
Its that single diameter, there will never be all the force on just one edge as with lights featuring a wider head.

BBnet3000

Newly Enlightened
As for the Lithium 123s- Buy American / Japanese made ones in bulk online (Surefire.com or elsewhere) as its MUCH cheaper.
better yet, buy rechargeables. theres no reason to use primaries on a regular basis unless youre using the light in a combat zone. (and there are people on this forum who do just that)