Where can I buy these LED lights?

Cloudymind

Newly Enlightened
I am new to the LED lights. I can read the reviews and purchase them from the net. But I really prefer to actually look at and play them first.

Any suggestions here? Any local/chain stores or trade shows that usually carry those "expensive" LED lights? I went to fry's and all they have are $50- lights.

Thanks

Marduke

Flashaholic
Nearly all "good" lights found here are only found online. Very few specialty shops carry them.

Also, it depends greatly where you are located (which you don't state) as to what stores are nearby.

sardian

Newly Enlightened
I am new to the LED lights. I can read the reviews and purchase them from the net. But I really prefer to actually look at and play them first.

Any suggestions here? Any local/chain stores or trade shows that usually carry those "expensive" LED lights? I went to fry's and all they have are $50- lights.

Thanks

Where do you live. If you live in a gun friendly area you can go to some of the larger gun stores (yellow pages under guns). Most all will carry SureFire products.

My local gun store carries SureFire, NiteCore, and Fenix (among others). Also, look at some of the mfg "dealer list" and see if there are any near you.

Other than this you'll need to find a good dealer with a decent return policy.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Many of these good lights are easiest to find online. Of you live in the right places, there might be local stores that carry them but not likely. If there is a really friendly CPFer around, maybe he or she will let you see their lights.

Of you just want to see the output and tint of the light(well, both are very dependent on the company, LED, and bin) a good budget light could work too.

:welcome:

Cloudymind

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I live in Texas. We do have lots of gun stores here. I checked one store once, they have Surefire and some other "tactical lights". But most of them are old models.

carrot

Flashaholic
Some sporting goods stores will sell them:
****s Sporting Goods, Cabela's, Bass Pro, and Sportsman's Warehouse for example. The Inova lights carried at Target are pretty good too.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the Surefire 6P is an old model, but will give more options to change LED's and battery set-ups.

If it was my first light it would be an old style Surefire 6p.

Then I would go to Malkoff Devices website. email him to put me on the list for MC-E warm.

Then go to lighthound.com
Purchase IMR16340 (4 batteries)
2 nana cr123 chargers

And then I would have 400 plus lumens with the reliability of Surefire and Malkoff. I did it the hard way and purchased several LED Cree R2 and Q5 variants before I figured out that Malkoff Devicess M60 and M30 was the way to go.:D

KingGlamis

Banned
I was in the same boat as you when I first got really into lights. Bass Pro Shops and Cabellas are your best bet, but you will pay more than online.

And take note that my local Bass Pro Shops keeps the more expensive lights, like SureFires, in a glass case in a different area than the normal flashlight aisle.

XD9

Enlightened
If you are in Houston you can visit

TXTACTICALSOURCE
12703 Shiloh Church Road

You can call them up as well... 1-888-258-5097

They have almost every single brand out there.

Good luck and take care!

BBnet3000

Newly Enlightened
If you live in a gun friendly area you can go to some of the larger gun stores (yellow pages under guns).
you can probably do this everywhere. if you are in the United States, theres a gun store nearby. (i know, im posting this after it turned out the OP lives in Texas, so he is definitely covered)

Honestly, i go off the data and beamshots and ive never gone wrong. Ive been buying tons of things online for years though so im used to it.