FluPIC v2.2 UI Questions

concept0

Enlightened
I've been playing with my Regalight EDC modded with FluPIC v2.2 and Q3-5A emitter. I have looked at the flowchart (https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1480970&postcount=1) and have a pretty good handle on how to control everything. But I still have a couple questions:

1. Does level 10 correspond to max brightness (direct drive burst) or is level 10 the maximum regulated level (650mA)?

2. If level 10 is the max regulated level, then is there no way to access burst in modes 2 or 3?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm inclined to say level 10 is the same as burst but it's been a while since I've used my FluPic lights. I haven't seen goldserve around in quite a while as I think he's busy in school but he'd be the one with the answer for sure if you can find him. Photonfanatic may also know as he's used a lot of the FluPic's in his lights.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC burst is DD and level 10 is a set level/regulated...
Therefore the bigger the batt. the bigger the output...

I might be wrong though....:duh2:

concept0

Enlightened
Thanks for the responses, I understand the differences between max regulated level and burst. My question is: when it says "Maximum" on the flowchart, is this equivalent to user set level 10?

If not, it would appear that you can't access burst in modes 2 or 3...

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the responses, I understand the differences between max regulated level and burst. My question is: when it says "Maximum" on the flowchart, is this equivalent to user set level 10?

If not, it would appear that you can't access burst in modes 2 or 3...

IIRC yes..
I don`t have any possibility to check it right now though..

concept0

Enlightened
IIRC yes..
I don`t have any possibility to check it right now though..

According to your prior post, the answer would be no. You said that level 10 is regulated...

In any case, I'm hoping someone can tell me with certainty. Anybody know for sure?

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
?

What I mean is:
level 10 is regulated and "burst" is DD..
So maximum in my world isn`t burst..

I know Darkzero knows the by hand though, hopefully he`ll chime in with better explanations...

concept0

Enlightened
?

What I mean is:
level 10 is regulated and "burst" is DD..
So maximum in my world isn`t burst..

I know Darkzero knows the by hand though, hepefully he`ll chime in with better explanations...

That's funny, darkzero is the one that built the light... I guess I'll just drop him an email.

In any case, I think the confusion here is one of terminology. If you look at the flowchart I linked, "Maximum" is a separate setting from the user-set levels, which can go from 1 to 10.

I'm just not clear on whether "Maximum" = "Level 10"...

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup: to Will..!

Problem is the I´m currently at work and the workcomputer filters out pictures..

On you`r chart does it say "maximum" or "burst" under strobe in #5 tactical mode....?

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
That`s weird..
On my charts at my homecomp it says burst after the strobe...
So I guess max brightness and burst in you`r chart is equal...

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right, hopped out off my office and checked on a non-secured computer and we have different versions of the chart..
I think mine is newer?

Anyways..

Burst/maximum is available in usersetting #1 #4 and #5...
Not in 2 and 3...

concept0

Enlightened
Thanks! That answers my question...

I wonder why the charts were changed from "Burst" to "Max Brightness"? I think using the term "Burst" makes it much clearer...

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
My pleasure..!

Maybe I actually have an older chart..!
Tried finding the one I have downloaded on my comp at home but can`t find it now....:rolleyes:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
With a fresh battery, max/burst will be brighter than level 10. As the battery wears down the two come closer together. Check it with a multi-meter.

Latest posts