Inova X and T series questions.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I am fairly sure that some T tailcaps will fit and work on some X lights.

I detest push/twist and do away with it on any light I can. But when I called Inova today I was told "they have completely different circuits"

I call BS! I was just fooling around and even though batteries go in - first if the tailcap I hold up to the back of the X light makes contact it works just fine.

SO...

Who has both types and can say for sure which T cap fits an X0 and which T cap fits X03 ( different size and threads ).

Please? Because since being honest didn't get me anywhere I'm gonna have to cheat a bit.

radu1976

Enlightened
The tailcaps from T1 and T3 fit the XO3....
I don't know about XO ...it might be the same diameter as T2, but I am not sure.
I have T1s, T3s and XO3s and they have the same diameter body - interchangeable tailcaps :twothumbs

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm under the impression that the T1 and T2 tailcaps are identical, and will fit the X5 and XO (reflectored) threads, and vice-versa.

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which XO ? The original TIROS XO (later called XO2)can use the tailcap from the T1.Later reflector versions of the XO are smaller in diameter and I believe the tailcap from the latest versions of the T2 will fit.I don't have the latest XO to try but the tailcap from my T2 works fine on an X5.The XO3 should be able to use the tailcap from a T1 or T3.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meant the current reflectored XO models. The X5t and XOr I have use interchangeable tailcaps.

Given:
T2 = X5 (ZMZ67's experience)
XOr = X5 (My experience)

Therefore:
T2 = XOr

In my experience, the XO3 is bigger in diameter than the XOr and X5; going by memory, it's bigger than the T2 I handled.

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Did after MUCH hulabaloo get a switch for a T2 which fits XO.

Supposed to get two each T1 and T2 in the mail in another day or three.

EASIER by FAR to momentary and able to click to stay on! All lights should be like this!

polkiuj

Enlightened
Well, what Inova says about the lights having different circuits is TRUE! BUT... the circuit is in the HEAD and not the TAILCAP!! o_O

Love the T1's switch! It's awesome!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like I have seen alot more than normal Inova post lately. I'm glad there great lights and shouldn't be ignored, I just wish they would work on that emitter upgrade like everyone else. That T1 switch is pretty close to perfect for me.

polkiuj

Enlightened
What emmiter upgrade?

The T1 uses the most current K2 TFFC emitter. Although I'm quite sure that it is not of the highest bin, or as bright and/or efficient as the new CREE LED's, I actually prefer the K2 TFFC due to it's flawless beam. Smooth blend from hotspot to spill and no ugly rings anywhere. I now use my T1 more than my Fenix LD10 (which is smaller, lighter, has more modes, brighter with 14500, feels like tofu now, not so nice switch).

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
What emmiter upgrade?

The T1 uses the most current K2 TFFC emitter. Although I'm quite sure that it is not of the highest bin, or as bright and/or efficient as the new CREE LED's, I actually prefer the K2 TFFC due to it's flawless beam. Smooth blend from hotspot to spill and no ugly rings anywhere. I now use my T1 more than my Fenix LD10 (which is smaller, lighter, has more modes, brighter with 14500, feels like tofu now, not so nice switch).

I like the K2 also especially the tint but I would love a T1 with a Cree. I just don't wanna see them fall to far behind the times.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the K2 also especially the tint but I would love a T1 with a Cree. I just don't wanna see them fall to far behind the times.

I would rather they stay with the TFFC K2 myself.Typically the tint is warmer than the average CREE and I doubt INOVA would ever offer the warm bin CREEs anyway.I also like the beam quality and very few CREE lights offer a clean beam from what I have seen.It's not like they are still using the old K2 or LUX III in the T-series.
It would be nice to see the TFFC K2 incorporated into the Bolts and X-series though.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have got use to the Cree rings for the most part and I own a T1 K2 so in the interest of just power I want a brighter T1. Guess we can't have it all though.