lf2x pocket clip

jeebus

Newly Enlightened
Oh good grief: I just bought an lf2x in bare aluminum because I thought it looked nicer (and it is plenty shiny and quite pretty) but it never occured to me that only the hard anodized version came with a pocket clip. Carefully reading the liteflux page does show that difference though.

What can I do? If I try to buy just the HAIII pocket clip will it work on my light? Any home-brew solutions for a pocket clip? This is quite a disappointment on an otherwise amazing little light.

- Mark

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Seems like most any AAA pocket clip should work. Fenix sells chrome clips separately, I think. Get it from www.4sevens.com. You could also probably use some other clip from a different light, pen, tool, etc. Good luck in your search.

Geoff

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
imho, the thing the lf2x really needs is a proper lanyard hole of some sort. the steel pocket is not very strong, i have been using it as a lanyard attachment point, and i have broken two already

Crenshaw

jeebus

Newly Enlightened
Oh, I think you may have just made my day flying turtle. Funny thing is I had seen those fenix clips in the past and thought they might be handy, and had subsequently forgotten about them completely. I'm so glad I asked and you reminded me about those. That's definitely worth a try.

- Mark

OrlandoLights

Newly Enlightened
imho, the thing the lf2x really needs is a proper lanyard hole of some sort. the steel pocket is not very strong, i have been using it as a lanyard attachment point, and i have broken two already

Crenshaw

+1

It is so frustrating, I have had this light for about 9 months, and I am still trying to figure out how to attach a lanyard to it securely. I have bought custom-made clips and lanyard rings, fiddled with wires and ropes. It is such a great light otherwise that I keep with it. At the moment I have it attached by the insecure lanyard collar to a Fenix lobster claw in the left pocket. It's detached once already, next time I'll have to try something else.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've been considering the older LF2 for these reasons. It has a split ring hole for lanyard attachment and I can just add a slip-on pocket clip. I like having both. Sure enough if I do this LiteFlux will immediately come out with the LF2XT that fixes everything.

Geoff

Kevo

Newly Enlightened
+1

It is so frustrating, I have had this light for about 9 months, and I am still trying to figure out how to attach a lanyard to it securely.

If you don't need the clip, all you have to do is bend a paper clip into shape, and use that instead of the clip. I have been using a slightly more complicated mod on mine for a long while now on my keychain, and haven't had any problems.

LF2X Keychain Mod

OrlandoLights

Newly Enlightened
I've been considering the older LF2 for these reasons. It has a split ring hole for lanyard attachment and I can just add a slip-on pocket clip. I like having both. Sure enough if I do this LiteFlux will immediately come out with the LF2XT that fixes everything.

Geoff

That's what I did, Geoff, got an LF2 because it is easier to work out a way to carry it. You can see my solution here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/215137

Kevo, I had seen your mod when trying to make an LF2X carry. Good work. Ideally, the attachment point would be at the center of the back of the light so it doesn't snag coming out of the pocket, and the light hangs straight. How to have that and be able to tail-stand the LF2X is a real puzzle I am still trying to figure out.:thinking:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Great set-up Orlando. I love the homemade workarounds, and they're so satisfying when you do it yourself. It's tough to not pull the trigger on one of these lights.

Geoff

OrlandoLights

Newly Enlightened
Great set-up Orlando. I love the homemade workarounds, and they're so satisfying when you do it yourself. It's tough to not pull the trigger on one of these lights.

Geoff

Thanks, Geoff. The rubber band for grip was a quick fix, I found some 1/2" heat shrink tubing that solved the slippery finish issue.