Romisen RC-F4

empty_space

Newly Enlightened
I was search for a new flash light and saw this as being a pretty good flashlight. Ebay has them for around $20 which seems like a good price. Which led is better to get in it, a CREE Xlamp or a CREE Q5? On ebay they claim to be 200 - 170 lumens, is they really true?

Or perhaps there is a better flashlight for the money? I am willing to spend more if its worth getting a better flashlight. What do you guys think?

Marduke

Flashaholic
The Cree "X-Lamp" (XR-E) is the same model as the "Q5", which is also the XR-E model. The Q5 is just the bin designation.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
and just to teach you how to find some basic things yourself....check this forum for a sticky thread BessieBennies Buf=dget LED lights....Then go back to his previous threads (#3 or 4??) and find the F4 review there...

wadus

Newly Enlightened
The Romisen RC-F4 " XR-E" comes with a P4 unless it states Q5; the Q5 is significantly brighter, IMO. I bought the P4 version from dealextreme.com for around $15 and liked it so much I upgraded to the Q5 from shiningbeam.com and sold my old one to my boss.

This is definitely a good light if you want brightness and good throw on a budget. Would I buy another one after buying some "real quality" lights? No. I think it's worth it for the extra money to buy a good quality brand with a warranty, good history, etc. Romisen isn't really known for its good quality, but if $20 is all you can spend, the F4 is a great single-mode light for the price. :thumbsup:

big beam

Enlightened
You can't go wrong with a romisen from Shinningbeam(Q5).there is no better bang for the buck anywhere.Small,good quality,good beam and good tint,it's all good.There is better but not for 20 bucks or so.
DON

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Some flashaholic sage advice: Everyone wishes that they had just skipped all the cheap lights in the beginning and had just gotten one or two good lights.

Flashlights are just like tools at the hardware store; there's the cheap crap and then there's the serious tools..

empty_space

Newly Enlightened
I'll probably will get this light, but I am also willing to spend $100 of a good bright quality light. I have too look around for some. Any recommendations from anyone? I know that surefire is a good brand, I got a G2 led from them a little bit ago. Thanks for everyone's help.

The Romisen RC-T6 6*Cree Q4 looks pretty intense, I may get that instead of the Romisen RC-F4.

Last edited:

slate

Newly Enlightened
I recently received a RC-F4 from DX and it is not bad but it is on par with my D10 R2 for brightness. For a light using 2 x cr123's, I was expecting more brightness

Bonky

Banned
Some flashaholic sage advice: Everyone wishes that they had just skipped all the cheap lights in the beginning and had just gotten one or two good lights.

Ain't that the truth. If you start out cheap you end up paying for the more expensive ones anyway, PLUS the money you threw away on the cheapies.