One Year Later

Centropolis

Enlightened
This month marks the one year anniversary that I got into the flashaholic community. It has been costly so far. I've sold guitar equipment to buy flashlights.

A list of what I currently own:

Dexlight XV
Eastward YJ Q5
Fenix E01 Blue
Fenix E01 Olive
Fenix L2T 3W
Jetbeam Jet-I Pro IBS
Jetbeam Jet-III Military
KD Buckle V4
Leatherman Serac S2
LiteFlux LF2X
LiteFlux LF3XT
Lummi Raw NS
Lummi Wee NS
NiteCore Extreme Infinity Golden Dragon Plus
Novatac 120P Black
Peak Kino Bay HAIII (Seoul Modded)
Peak Matterhorn SS 3 LED
Romisen RC-C3
Surefire 6P LED
Surefire E1B Backup
Surefire E1E Natural HO-E1R
Surefire E1E Natural MN01
Surefire E1L
Surefire E2DL
Surefire G2 LED Yellow
Surefire G2 BLK
Surefire G2 Green
Surefire L4
Ultrafire SS C3

Some of the lights I've owned and sold:

Fenix L2D Q5, P3D Q5
Surefire M4
NiteCore EX10
Gerber IU

Things that I've found out in the past 12 months:

- I cannot stick to a monthly budget on how much to spend on flashlights.
- That although LEDs are great, I've started to fall in love with the incans.
- That expensive flashlights are worth the money.

Plans for the next 12 months:

- Try again to limit my spending on flashlights and related stuff
- Buy a MC-E or P7 monster light
- Start getting into basic modding

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have done very well for your first year! When searching for a monster multi-emitter light, have a look into the HID world. I feel that every flashoholic should have one HID light to impress the masses.

Greta

Flashaholic
You have done very well for your first year! When searching for a monster multi-emitter light, have a look into the HID world. I feel that every flashoholic should have one HID light to impress the masses.

... or you can simply buy a car with HID lights... like I did. Truly... it's the only reason I bought the car that I did. Well.. and 'cuz it just looks so good on me... :D

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
First 3 months:

Abitax Taglight
Dereelight C2H Q5
DX Cree P4
eGear 2xPenlights
Fenix P3D + 3xCR123A Body
Fenix L2P
Horus FD1.3 Ti
Inova T1
Inova Microlight
Jetbeam E3P
Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST+P7 Mod
Jetbeam Jet IMK IBS
Liteflux LF3XT
Lummi Raw NS
Lummi Raw Al
Lummi Wee Ti
McGizmo/Arc Sapphire AAA Ti
Muyshondt Mako
Nitecore D10 Q5
Nitecore Defender Infinity (Silver)
Nitecore Defender Infinity R2
Nitecore EX10 GD+
Nitecore EX10 R2
Russtang Ti EX10 Body
Sabrewolf Mini EDC
Solarforce L2 R2
Solarforce L2M
Streamlight Stylus Pro
Surefire E2D Led Defender
Tiablo TL-1
Trustfire P7-F16
Ultrafire BJ-08B

Now setting quota for monthly buys.... :broke:
This is really testing my willpower.

Last edited:

Centropolis

Enlightened
First 3 months:

Abitax Taglight
Dereelight C2H Q5
DX Cree P4
eGear 2xPenlights
Fenix P3D + 3xCR123A Body
Fenix L2P
Horus FD1.3 Ti
Inova T1
Inova Microlight
Jetbeam E3P
Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST+P7 Mod
Jetbeam Jet IMK IBS
Liteflux LF3XT
Lummi Raw NS
Lummi Raw Al
Lummi Wee Ti
McGizmo/Arc Sapphire AAA Ti
Muyshondt Mako
Nitecore D10 Q5
Nitecore Defender Infinity (Silver)
Nitecore Defender Infinity R2
Nitecore EX10 GD+
Nitecore EX10 R2
Russtang Ti EX10 Body
Sabrewolf Mini EDC
Solarforce L2 R2
Solarforce L2M
Streamlight Stylus Pro
Surefire E2D Led Defender
Tiablo TL-1
Trustfire P7-F16
Ultrafire BJ-08B

Now setting quota for monthly buys.... :broke:
This is really testing my willpower.

You're way ahead of me for just your 3 months.

I really think everyone on this forum should own a SF E1E. I know it's not very bright but you can't beat it for what it is.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Nice collections, guys. Try to pace yourselves. These lights aren't going anywhere and they're always getting better.

Geoff

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really think everyone on this forum should own a SF E1E. I know it's not very bright but you can't beat it for what it is.

More Surefires coming up next.

Nice collections, guys. Try to pace yourselves. These lights aren't going anywhere and they're always getting better.

Geoff

In fact, I am. :crackup:
Still many left in Wish lists and shopping carts. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Centropolis

Enlightened

Geoff

Yeah there are many lights that I wish I can just grab right now. The two new Jetbeams (M1X and Raptor) are on my list.

The problem with being in a non-US country is that the shipping cost will be an arm and a leg. There are no Canadian dealers for Jetbeams I don't think. So it's either BOG (US$30 shipping) or eBay.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zeruel,

You're probably one of the few members who have accumulated so many lights in such a short period of time ... you're averaging about 11 flashlights a month.

I've kept my total flashlights collection to 30-40 so far. No reasons, just don't want to have piles of flashlights.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Holy cow Centropolis, I thought I messed up my budget with my measly THREE-and-a-half lights in the first quarter of this year (the half is the Ti EX10 body only :))... nevermind the number of lights you bought in one year! :huh: Uh, you'd better bring at least some of those lights to our next GTA Get-Together... :laughing:

Yeah there are many lights that I wish I can just grab right now. The two new Jetbeams (M1X and Raptor) are on my list. The problem with being in a non-US country is that the shipping cost will be an arm and a leg. There are no Canadian dealers for Jetbeams I don't think. So it's either BOG (US$30 shipping) or eBay.
I'm really interested in the Raptor as well, but also don't want to pay the extra shipping and potential duties. So, I've posted a response in the LED thread as well to ask if anyone knows of a potential JB dealer in Canada. I even emailed j2ledflashlight.com to see if they will be stocking the JB Raptor as they have the Jet I, Jet IIIM and a couple of other JB lights listed on their site. Crossing my fingers... :candle:

Nice collections, guys. Try to pace yourselves. These lights aren't going anywhere and they're always getting better. Geoff
Flying Turtle, I'd have to agree with you there... I had so many lights on my list (Tiablo ACE, Fenix LD01 SS, SF T1A, JB Jet IIIM, M1X, Raptor, Haiku, AAA Killer, custom CNC Al triple housing, etc.) and I realized that we're now starting to see R2's become a bit more prevalent and we're definitely seeing more potential from the P7 / MC-E emitters so I decided to throw out the list and start fresh. I trimmed it down to a few lights: 1xP7 and / or thrower, 1xAAA and the custom CNC Al triple housing (for biking).

I'm hoping that they don't come out with lights that have new emitters otherwise, my plan will go out the window... :mecry::broke:

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zeruel,

You're probably one of the few members who have accumulated so many lights in such a short period of time ... you're averaging about 11 flashlights a month.

I've kept my total flashlights collection to 30-40 so far. No reasons, just don't want to have piles of flashlights.

True, been trying to catch up for the lost years I didn't discover CPF earlier :grin2: My country doesn't sell a lot of lights, 90% maglites and pelicans, so once I found the candy store here, there's no turning back. Currently averaging about $1,000 a month. And I do sell off the ones I know for sure are not for me. I'm sure I'll slow down once I wise up, but then again, do I really want to? :naughty:

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know how difficult being a flashaholic can be. (I just moved into my own studio apartment in downtown Portland,OR..):broke::sigh: It's nice living on my own,but this probably means the end is in sight for my flashlight buying sprees.

ackbar

Enlightened
Wow. I don't even own that many lights. Unless you include the bag of fauxtons I have to give away.

I personally try to pace myself since there is more to life than flashlights (I'm going to get tarred and feathered for that one I know it.)

I only buy a light if it is a contender to bump my current EDC. than and the occasional "wow I just gotta get this light" impulse buy.

I second what RGB said..you better be bringin' some of those toys to the get-together Saturday :D

Centropolis

Enlightened
Wow. I don't even own that many lights. Unless you include the bag of fauxtons I have to give away.

I personally try to pace myself since there is more to life than flashlights (I'm going to get tarred and feathered for that one I know it.)

I only buy a light if it is a contender to bump my current EDC. than and the occasional "wow I just gotta get this light" impulse buy.

I second what RGB said..you better be bringin' some of those toys to the get-together Saturday :D

I won't be able to make the meet man. Sorry. Weekend are usually bad for me. And I think for others it is the opposite.

Yeah, I need to pace myself. There are still lights that I would like. I did buy a lot of new ones since the last meet though. I wished I had kept a few of the ones I sold. L0D and L1 Cree etc.

JetBeam M1X and Raptor
Dereelight DBS
Surefire E2E
Aeon

just to name a few.

Last edited:

Centropolis

Enlightened
True, been trying to catch up for the lost years I didn't discover CPF earlier :grin2: My country doesn't sell a lot of lights, 90% maglites and pelicans, so once I found the candy store here, there's no turning back. Currently averaging about $1,000 a month. And I do sell off the ones I know for sure are not for me. I'm sure I'll slow down once I wise up, but then again, do I really want to? :naughty:

$1,000 a month?? You must be really rich and have a lot of disposable income. I don't think I would come close to that number.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
The funny thing is, I first got into flashlights to kick my habit of buying knives because they were getting too expensive. My initial thoughs were, "seriously, how much could flashlgihts cost? $50 a piece tops?".

Ironically, the total values of my lights have exceeded the total values of my knives ... but of course that's because I've sold a lot of knives to subsidize purchasing new lights. :ohgeez: