Issues with NiteCore D20 and AW's batteries "fitting"

Sproles

Newly Enlightened
All-
Wondering if I am the only one that has had this issue.

I just received my new NiteCore D20 and it is nice and BRIGHT! However, when I plopped in my previously purchased AW 14500 (750mAh) batteries that I had purchased from 4Sevens 18 months ago or so, they are slightly too long. The light will turn on if you turn the bezel to tight, but they do not allow for the plunger to depress to deactivate the light. I can press the plunger and then unscrew the bezel and it never goes off, just turns so long until it just turns off...no "action" on the button.

I pulled my good batteries out and put 2 regular AAs in there and the action functioned perfectly. Of course, it is not nearly as bright and I want to use the Li-ion batteries that are wonderful, but not sure if others have had this same issue.

I would contact 4 Sevens directly, but I cannot seem to get his website up and running for the contact info. Maybe he will see this post and contact me.

if any of you have his phone number, please post for me! many thanks-
Sproles

Viper715

Enlightened
Just for your information I don't think it is made to be ran off of the Li-Ion do to the circuitry is not meant to handle the voltage. I got this off of Tacticalleds.com D20 technical specs page and I have seen the same warning on 4sevens but couldn't get there page to load for some reason.

Battery: powered by 2 AA batteries (1.2V AA rechargeable batteries are OK - DO NOT USE LITHIUM-ION):oops:

http://www.tacticalleds.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=NITECORE-D20&Show=TechSpecs

So I would say use lithium ion at your own risk. If there is someone out there more well versed than I then come forward because if you could use Li-Ion I would be .

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NiteCore D20 is NOT designed to run on 14500 3.7v Li-ion. Do not try them again! Only use standard AA, NiMh batteries. You are very lucky the light didn't go :poof:, and that it still works!

Sproles

Newly Enlightened
WOW - glad I checked...that would explain why the sucker was so freakin' bright on these batteries.

So - with that being said, are the other NiteCore lights okayed with Li-ions?

Great feedback - thanks guys.

What are the "best" standard AAs I can put in this bad boy then?
Sproles

Viper715

Enlightened
Yep the rest of the Nitecores are set to run Li-Ion's. I use either Lithium primaries or a high capacity rechargeable depending on the task I want the light for. If it's EDC and gets used :thumbsup: then I go rechargeable if it's sitting around for a long time I go lithium. Just my 2 cents