New database at skier88.webs.com

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
After several months of interrupted but continual work I have compiled what I call the database of premium LED flashlights. Our hobby has such a small following (hard to believe, isn't it?) that I found it possible to list every flashlight I knew of that I consider premium. Now, please understand that the list would have been impossibly long had I not necessitated HAIII and a 100 lm/watt or better LED, requirements which unfortunately rule out some flashlights considered to be of very high quality by some. Additional requirements are elucidated in my website's info section.

I hope that this list will be helpful to everybody who reads this thread. Newer flashaholics will probably discover a few flashlights they hadn't heard of, which may end up being their best choice. More experienced members may find my website useful too: next to each entry of a flashlight is its emitter, length, width, batteries, modes, and switch type, all placed in a table which is sortable by any one of those characteristics. This will provide you with a quick cheatsheat of vital stats for most flashlights you want to look up, along with an easy way to compare flashlights, or find every flashlight in a specific range of a certain measurement.

However, you veteran flashaholics don't get this all for free. Please, help me make the database better! If you know of a qualifying flashlight that I missed, please point it out. You will notice that some data is missing from the database; if you know this data, or can measure it, please help me fill it in.

So, please take a look at my website made for you, skier88.webs.com. Once I buy a lux meter this site will also host a thoroughly comparable review database. Enjoy!

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
You forgot SureFire!

Out of the current line-up, I counted six models that meet your requirements.

L2, L4, L5, L7, U2, E2DL

http://www.surefire.com/FlashlightSpecChart

Good job compiling all that info though!

That's most of what I meant when I said that unfortunately emitter and coating requirements exclude some flashlights that many regard as premium. I am unable to find emitter information about any surefire (manufacturer, series, and bin). Do you have this information?

matt0

Enlightened
I do not. I have read several times that Optic SF's use XR-E's and Reflector SF's use SSC P4's though..

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not. I have read several times that Optic SF's use XR-E's and Reflector SF's use SSC P4's though..

I don't think I've read it quite that simply, but that's the impression I got too. The thing is, I haven't seen any specific claim of a bin, and the only bit of information available by examining an XR-E LED AFAIK (# of wires) has varied between flashlights. Even the fact that it varies suggests an average far below the cutoff here, since the brightest 3-wire XR-E is 5 bins below the Q4.

Again, please understand I'm not specifically trying to exclude Surefire. The fact is simply that lowing this requirement to Surefire's level would also allow many entries that are clearly budget, not quality, oriented.