Looking for 2xcr123 multimode light for bicycle other than PD30

s.c.

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I need a recommendation for a bicycle light. I already have rcr123s so I would prefer to use them. I need a multi level light that can switch from around 60 lumens to around 120 with a click (preferably soft, definitly no head twisters) as it would be changed while riding, and when needed a high mode with 200+. I had been using my TK10 until now, but its too bulky and too cumbersome to switch from low to high by twisting the head (while riding), and the difference between low and high is too great.

I know the PD30 fits these requirements, which is why just purchased one. However, I'm not too fond of the beam, I wish it was more floody. Otherwise, its great...and its compatible with all of my other Fenixes and accessories. I may end up having the PD30 as my main headlight and a single AA fenix pointed slightly downwards if I can't find something else.

I'd appreciate any input, thanks.

Cliff notes: I need something similar to a PD30 but with more flood.

s.c.

Newly Enlightened
After researching, it looks like the UI of the Jetbeam III Pro ST with BVC is exactly what I need. Its not out for a couple weeks, so the big question is to keep my PD30 or not.

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think there's an x2000 zoom light at dx that is 2xcr123. It is supposed to be great for biking, but it's not multi-mode. The flood / zoom function is well reviewed and you may get your ideal beam pattern. I'm waiting on the 18650 version so I can't give you feedback yet.

s.c.

Newly Enlightened
That thing looks great! Thanks. Unfortunately, there is no 2xrcr123 version, only a single cell (which I'll probably get anyway).

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Jetbeam light likely does fit your bill. However the beam profile won't be that much different from the Fenix. The IBS UI is very nice imho.

If you want a really floody light you can grab an Olight diffuser (T-series) which should fit just fine onto a P3D. Send a question to their customer service to be sure; but iirc it should work.

s.c.

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the idea, but after riding last night, I've come to the conclusion that I need two lights anyway. One for throw, and one for my immediate surroundings.