• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 6 D mag AWR Regulated driver

strideredc

Enlightened
Next up is my 6d mag 35w full regulated hotwire runtime monster
This was built specifically as a usable hotwire not a ''set paper on fire, 5 min runtime''!
The throw with the smooth reflector is amazing as is the runtime, it's as white as a hotwire gets.
I have never measured the runtime but I was told it should be around 2 hours? My memory isn't that good these days so if anyone knows better let me know and I will put it in the add. I have had it running for over 1.15min.

The beauty with the AWR hotdriver is it can be adjusted via two pots so you can set the Vout to whatever you want. It will also cut the power when the batteries run out so you won't over discharge them. It really is quite an amazing bit of kit. It is the high power temp regulated version and its softstart.
KIU bi pin scocket
sop aluminum reflector
AWR fully regulated and adjustable voltage driver
Borofloat glass
And all resistance mods
Osram 64275 6v hotwire bulb running at 7.10v and 3 spare bulbs

I think its about 1500 bulb lumens? (whiter than an A2)
Usual story too many lights and some must go…

I have 6 d cells 10,000mah but wont include them as the weight would make this very expensive to ship. If you are in the uk or really want them we can work something out…

$120 plus post post is £8.67 thats about $10 at the moment. if you want it tracked its £18.34
IMGP1830.jpg

IMGP1831.jpg

IMGP1832.jpg

IMGP1839.jpg

IMGP1838.jpg

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
WoW! Another rare find.

I can't remember the last time anything with a user adjustable AWR Hotdriver came up for sale. Last one he sold went for about $75. They allow the user to easily set the voltage output to the bulb using a DMM, and can be adapted and changed on the fly for any <75W bulb the user wants to drive at a maximum regulated voltage. The last of these Hotdrivers were sold about 2 years ago.

This device was the Holy Grail for incans, and can be put in any MagD. Then the 6D size mag is a whole other rare beast!

strideredc

Enlightened
price reduced to $115

if it wont sell i will have to keep it!:candle:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Just an idea, but I bet putting that AWR hotdriver in a shorter host would be more attractive. I know I wouldn't sell any of my AWR regulated, adjustable hotdrivers for less than $100 alone.