• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Gladius mod

medaroff

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone still do Gladius mods for a fee within the US? I mean putting in SSC P4?
Strategos offer this service but it comes to around $80, which seems excessive to me.

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you post this in the WTB section my guess you`ll get a quicker response...:)

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do mods to a neutral LED, and I have High CRI SSC P4's on hand. I've not worked with a Gladuis yet, but I'd be willing to take a look at it. If you might be interested, let me know.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it should be a fairly straightforward mod. It shouldn't be any more difficult than the D10 mods I do. PM will be on it's way to you shortly.

medaroff

Newly Enlightened
OK, my Gladius is on its way to Tekno_cowboy for modding. My initial instinct was to have a natural white (4000K) P4 put in as I use my Gladius under water and color rendering is somewhat important to me. However, I am having second thoughts now. The natural white LED is about 40% less efficient than the U-rank pure (cool) white P4's. So I gather I would get at best 120 lm vs 80 lm of the original Luxeon III. The color T would be superior but is it worth the hassle to gain 40 lm? Won't I be better off getting a U-bin cool white P4 with 180-200 lm and sacrifice CCI a little (90 to 70, OK maybe no so little)?
Does anyone have any experience with Gladius and natural white P4? Any suggestions are appreciated.