Flashlight that got you "HOOKED"?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Gen-1 G2-OD (with the "fall apart tail cap"), I got in Korea. This was the 2nd "real light" that I bought...I bought an original X5 when they first came out a few weeks before my SF...but the G2 is what got me hooked. I just replaced the lens on it today!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think I've always been "hooked", but it was probably a MiniMag, which I still have, sometime in the '80's that really got me started. The lowly Dorcy Cool Blue got me going with LED's a year or two before I found CPF and the LED Museum.

Geoff

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I first joined the Nuwai Q3 was at the tail end of its popularity and the Fenix L1P was pretty popular. These two lights really got me into the hobby. I remember thinking "oh my God I am spending $50.00 on a flashlight". Ah yes, those were the days.:)

flasherByNight

Enlightened
I retract my earlier statement...I think my G2 I bought ages ago is when my problem first started; I just didn't realize it. My A2 was my first purchase AFTER I had accepted my problem.

"Hi, I'm flasherbynight and I'm a flashaholic" :p

Looks like the g2 is a gateway drug lol

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
My fascination with flashlight started at a very young age with those plastic Eveready flashlights. But having a modded 2C Maglite led me here to CPF, then the trouble began when I got my first Surfire 6P and Malkoff M60.

O'Neille

Newly Enlightened
Ultrafire WF-1000L that spawned a WF-502B so I could use the 18650 rechargeables. I purchased a Surefire 6P just to get my total purchase up to enough to enjoy a discount. And then received an Ultrafire UF-007 recoil LED as a gift.

photo-65.jpg

KingGlamis

Banned
It was my first 2x123 light, which was a Streamlight Twin Task. But I really got excited when I got a Fenix P3D, which wasn't long after the SL.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
G2

I liked it so much, I bought four more in the next few months to stash in the cars and around the house. I bought another half dozen to give away as Xmas gifts later that year.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Ive always had maglites and a fulton GI for the past 20 years, but this this thing here was really the one...
dscn0274bd7.jpg

Last edited:

concept0

Enlightened
Definately my TK11. Felt so solid and powerful compared to anything else I had ever used. Unfortunately, I recently had to trade it away because I got hooked on warmer emitters...

faco

Enlightened
I have always been into flashlights but would say the Arc AAA got me hooked, glad to see better AAA lights available now :)