Electric bicycle owners - would like to hear comments about EMS E+ and other brands

BVH

Flashaholic
Looking to get my first electric bike and have done a lot of reading. All of the knowledge of battery chemistries I've learned here has helped me sort out most of my battery questions but am still open to any discussions on them. I'm leaning towards an Electric Motions Systems E+ Cruiser. I like it's looks and controller functions along with the optional 1000 Watt hub motor. Supposedly, in July or thereabouts, the front hub Nimh pack will be replaced with an as-yet unnamed Lithium pack. Some say a Life4Po. If I go this direction, I would wait for this change, plus the fact they will be offering a axillary Lithium rack-type pack about the same time.

I test-rode the E+ mountain bike today with the 1000 Watt motor. It's certainly not a hi-perf motorcycle, but that's not really what I'm after. Very nice power and I found myself using levels 1-4 of 9 a lot instead of full power. No motor noise what-so-ever. This is my first test ride of any electric bike. My only dislike is the lack of rear suspension but my road bike is the same and I can deal with it.