Sunlites....anyone have one?

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I just seen a couple of interesting lights at uniquetitanium and was wondering if anyone has one, they are the Sunlite Eagle and Sunlite-slim basic light? Was thinking the latter would make an ideal light for examing gun barrels. Thanks!!

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hi, I just seen a couple of interesting lights at uniquetitanium and was wondering if anyone has one, they are the Sunlite Eagle and Sunlite-slim basic light? Was thinking the latter would make an ideal light for examing gun barrels. Thanks!!

I have the Slim and I would not rate it as better then a Fenix LD10.
The Slim is direct drive and using one of the smallest led I have ever seen, but they are not using it to get a good throw and it is a bit blue in color.

If you like the penlite format and only want one level (That is rather bright, I would estimate that it is about the same as Fenix LD01 on max.), the Slim is a ok light.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
I would beg to differ on the Slim myself(which doesn't surprise any of you I know).......having 3 of them and supplying them for my weld inspectors at work.

The Slim is a great penlight, and there is none brighter in that size. There are more than several people here who have the Sunlite brand and it baffles me why many more aren't trying them. They have a really unique "head interchangeability" system which gives you unsurpassed versatility in tackeling many applications with the same body, but different LED heads.

Deep into this thread there are photos and comments about the Slim, although primarily it is about the 8w Far Projection.

For your application of inspecting gun barrels, this light would work out pretty nicely. :thumbsup:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ryanrpm, I'm sure your getting impatient waiting for Sunlite to release it's 16W thrower,I know I am.
Christo_pull_hair.gif

HKJ

Flashaholic
The Slim is a great penlight, and there is none brighter in that size.

Your are probably correct, there are none other in that size that is brighter, but then, there are not many other lights in that size.

My previous post was not meant to put Sunlite down, just to point out that it is in line with with other good light in output. If you like the penlight form, it is a great light, but for most purposes I would prefer the Fenix LD01.
If I want long runtime (At full output) or color options, the Sunlite wins.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Ryanrpm, I'm sure your getting impatient waiting for Sunlite to release it's 16W thrower,I know I am.
Christo_pull_hair.gif

Indeed!

But, alas, here in a few days, the wait will be over. And then flashlight manufacturers will see that it is possible to properly focus a quad die emitter. :sssh::poke: