Anyone else have the one hand Twisty epiphany???

The Sun

Enlightened
Anyone else have the one hand Twisty epiphany, or am I just slow? I've never really cared for a lanyard on my lights, but this put the Twisty in the pocket even more often!!!:thumbsup:

100_6463.jpg

100_6464.jpg

100_6465.jpg

This lanyard on the Twisty 120 actually serves a purpose!!! It makes operation with one hand much easier. And, as long as you go through both holes with the cordage it tail stands as normal.

I've had a bunch of Twisty's for quite awhile and I just figured this out, so I hope it helps the "slow" like me :thumbsup:

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a note. Looping a lanyard on one's hand like that is only appropriate for activities where one will never be faced with the need to let go of the light quickly to save his hand or life. It's only appropriate for activities where there is no chance of being yanked into machinery or left dangling unconsious from an overhead.

For serious use this method will help keep many of the parts attached. It is easily adapted to smaller lights.

Last edited:

The Sun

Enlightened
You can always add a quick release to the lanyard. The hold you demonstrate would not work in this application because it would not give the extra "grip" needed to aid in the one handed operation of the light.

This is definitely good advise. You don't want to leave useful body parts on the floor. By adding a quick release to the lanyard before the cross-braid you would absolutely remedy loosing a hand if anyone's machinery gets hungry. :D

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
Yeah, the one handed twisting motion occurs to every Twisty user at one point in time..Trouble I find is that it takes effort and time to sweep up to position three, from off. I keep my levels red, 13lm, 85lm...That's a lot of cranking with the fingers when I need more light.

Two hands are more reliable..
If you've got them handy......:tinfoil:

The Sun

Enlightened
yes definitely two hands are more reliable. i was actually focusing more on the fact that i finally found a use for a lanyard though :D. other than the obvious, using it to hang your lights from things of course. i'm part of that 1% of CPFer's that could do without a clip (until i use it to clip on my hat), and hasn't found a useful enough application for lanyards to justify having one all the time (until now!!!) :twothumbs