New and Improved Mag LED upgrade!

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out this great LED upgrade module I found at my local Wal-Mart for the low price of $18.xx. :crackup: Do you see anything wrong with this picture? :whistle:

p00007.jpg

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i know you lose some output when you try to get better tint....but DANG are mag taking it way too far...

Crenshaw

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found two of these at Wal-mart like this. After looking carefully at the package and bending it, there was a slit on the back where people cut the package open and removed the upgrade module, replacing it with their old bulb. Upgrade indeed.

Obviously Wal-Mart staff didn't catch this when people returned them.

Well, at least these have a nice warn tint. :D

I should go back and tell them, so some unsuspecting person doesn't buy this "upgrade". :thumbsdow

Last edited:

dj:litestick

Newly Enlightened
I found two of these at Wal-mart like this. After looking carefully at the package and bending it, there was a slit on the back where people cut the package open and removed the upgrade module, replacing it with their old bulb. Upgrade indeed.

Obviously Wal-Mart staff didn't catch this when people returned them.

Well, at least these have a nice warn tint. :D

It's becoming a more common crime. I was quite angered when I saw the same thing at my hometown Wal-mart after also inspecting the package. Seems as if these thieves pulled the same kind of scummy crime you described. I wanted to report this finding to the employees there but I figured they're not too brilliant either.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I remember reading here where someone saw a black minimag in an Inova package. How do the people not notice?

Marduke

Flashaholic
I've seen PR2 incan bulbs in NiteIze PR upgrade packs also.

As well as 2D and 3D MagLED's (whole lights) returned with the spare incan bulb installed.

BBnet3000

Newly Enlightened
wow thats pretty bad. anyone who buys it for themselves is asking for it with their own stupidity, but think of someone who receives this as a gift, from someone who might have picked it up without looking too closely (or has no knowledge about lighting whatsoever)

people have been pulling shenanigans like this on Best Buy with swapping old ram for new and whatnot for awhile. definitely well beyond any shenanigans i would ever pull on a store, being that it is in fact illegal.

the worst ive done is when i came up to school and forgot my power strip, so i had my parent ship mine to me and i bought one at walmart. when i got mine, i returned the one to walmart.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to work for a retail firm that asked for photo ID for returns mostly so they could track people who bought videos and games and then returned them as if they were defective. That worked pretty well and stopped a lot of crap. They also would refuse a return if everything (and I mean every single thing) was not in the package or if the box was severely damaged. Their philosophy was that they were not a rental company and that if a customer abused product and the return policy it would just end up raising costs for everyone. Very few customers objected. In fact, the only ones I can recall who did were the type who would try and return a book or magazine after a week or so.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I absolutely can not stand it when I see things like this. Not only does it show how low class some people are, but I always thought it would be stupid to be busted for such a small thing. Tho, at Wal-Mart, they probably wouldn't care. I always yell at people when I see them doing things like that, and I can't stand it that others don't.
Funny pics, tho. Not funny for the person who buys one, takes it home without looking, and is pissed when they just end up replacing their bulb with another one. As my seventh grade science teacher would say, "Some peoples kids :tsk::(."

Bushman5

Enlightened
you should see the things people do here at Home Depot. Like buy a Rigid Compressor, use it for a construction job for two months, clean it very well, wax the paint, armorall the air hose, re-ziptie the hose and the powercord all nice, and make it shiny , box it back up and return it for a refund (a gift not wanted). Cheaper than renting. :twothumbs:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

callmaster

Enlightened
Doesn't happen here. You only have 7 days to return stuff and it has to be defective and the people here check that really well.

If there's a problem, they won't accept it back. If it's more than 7 days, they don't accept it back and if it's defective, you just have to wait for it to be sent back for warranty, etc.

That stops alot of crap but people still trying pulling a fast one from time to time.

lumenal

Enlightened
I saw something similar at Wal*Mart.

There was a regular old incan 2AA Minimag in a 2AA MagLED package...:green:

Sure enough, there was a slit in the side of the package where some crook slipped their old, beat-up MM inside and stole the LED version.

I also saw a 6P LED at Lowes with a CREE in it...you could see greasy fingerprints in the tape someone tried to carefully peel back on the packaging - I think we know what happened there.

What goes around, comes around folks - karma will bite you in the @$$.