AW RCR123A charge and discharge ?

STi

Newly Enlightened
So AW rcr123a 3.7 volt are fully charged at 4.2 ? mine charge to 4.16 and at what voltage are they discharged and need charging 3.7?

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread should be in the battery section so it may be moved.
It's better to not wait until it is depleted to charge it. Charging it even if it is only 70% discharged will not hurt it and is even preferrable. My cells come off my Pila charger consistently at 4.17 volts.

STi

Newly Enlightened
This thread should be in the battery section so it may be moved.
It's better to not wait until it is depleted to charge it. Charging it even if it is only 70% discharged will not hurt it and is even preferrable. My cells come off my Pila charger consistently at 4.17 volts.

Can these be stored charged? Like keeping 2 charged in my car for backup?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Not good to store for any length of time fully charged. Best around 1/2 charged. Go to the ecectronics, batteries included forum and look at the threads of interest re LiIons, and do some searching via google cpf only at the top of every page. These questions have been answered before. The more info you get outside of this thread the better you will be off using LiIons. Search, search, search.

Bill

Turbo Guy

Enlightened
Ideal storage 3.8V and 32F. Max. life (number of cycles) if not charged above 4.1 volts. No memory and shallow discharges and top off charges are better than deep discharges. Fully charged and stored at 85F plus will cost you about 20% capacity in a year. Best to keep your frequently needed cells mostly charged and extras in storage. If you really do not need full capacity then charge to only 4 volts and they will fair better.