Any flashlights that fit these criteria?

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
Hi, my dad saw the E2D and likes the idea of a strike bezel, are there any cheaper alternatives?

Looking for something that would : 1. Have a strike bezel, 2. Hopefully have at least high/low modes, and 3. Something that would fit into something (recommend something as a holster too?)
that would serve as a decent holster.

;)

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the Nitecore Defender Infinity? It's AA-battery form-factor, has a nice high-mode, a programmable low mode, and even a strobe mode.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Like Zeruel said a Solarforce L2. If you he likes something more extreme checkout the Solarforce tactical/strike bezel A001 (like SF Porcupine style). Also checkout the Spiderfire X666 I believe there is also regular strike bezel (like E2D,6PD) you can make it 2 or 3 CR123's but only one setting. I also have my eye on Jetbeam which offers a strike bezel option for some of there lights. Jetbeam offers different settings and the Pro series have clips. Is this to wear on a sam brown since you asked about holster. GL.

wadus

Newly Enlightened
Olight M20 Warrior looks pretty nice and fits those criteria nicely. There's also the Ra Clicky and Twisty. Eagletacs all have crenelated bezels that can be bought and attached. I have a Romisen RC-G4 that fit it as well, if you want to go the cheapie route, but I wouldn't recommend it as I don't even like the light. Honestly there are tons of lights that fit those criteria so we may need more information to give you good recommendations.

How much are you wanting to spend?
Do you need more throw or flood?
How bright do you need and what are its intended uses?
Anything extra that might helps us pick a light. :thumbsup:

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like about a quarter of the DX lights would fit. (And it doesn't matter if the pill is loose and the clicky only works when it feels like it; the strike bezel is still there!)

Or one of the new multimode minimags and one of these should do it...:naughty:

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Solarforce L2 is the nearest cheaper alternative. It's decent quality and there's a multi-mode version.

polkiuj

Enlightened
If you need a strike bezel so badly then I suggest you don't go the cheap route as the "strike bezel" isn't really gonna strike anything without the light dying.

Eagletac's T10L/T10LC2 has strike bezels (optional) and comes with a holster.
P10 series also works but u'll also need the silicon kit to avoid glass breaking issues (free from most sources).
These lights have a high/med and is a Lumens maniac.

Wolf eyes' Champion-X also has one and is the closest to a surefire in terms of form factor.
I think they have a few modes as well.

Olight's Warrior M20 is another option. This one is a throw monster(ish).

Ra's also fit but they are far smaller (that might be good or bad depends on situation).

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ra's lights are really too small to use as a kubotan without a *really* aggressive - Mr. Bulk's Dragons come to mind - strike bezel. Twisty makes a perfect fistload, but that's about it.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I spent the last year trying to find or build the poor mans E2D/E2DL. In the end, nothing was comparable for the same form factor and I spent a lot of time and money coming up with neat lights, swapping parts, modifying things, but I wound up just buy real E2D/L parts. I wanted the scalloped tailcap in addition to the bezel, but not many lights come with them. The closest alternative I found was the Eagletac T series with the optional bezel. They are dual mode via bezel switching as you requested. They come with a holster, but the clips on the Eageltacs are AWESOME and reversable, and I also sometimes carried mine in the $5 Inova holster available at countycomm.com. My quest was not for a defensive light, I'm just really drawn to the the design with the cren bezels and scalloped tails. Now that I have what I want, I'll still keep searching for the poor mans version, but I can rest a little easier knowing I have the real thing. You can also do cool stuff with real SF parts, such as making your own E1D:

some_sfs.sized.jpg