Making the big move

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well this is it. I have taken all I can and have given notice to my job. Got one more week. Hope I'm not making a mistake. Gotten fat and lazy working in the office like this. The percs are great but the aggravation is too much. I am so tired of dealing with stupid people and their stupid problems and their stupid actions. I'm tired of covering for these same folk and haviing a bad reflection of myself being responsible for what they do [or don't].

I hate sounding heartless and have tried to always be fair and work out a compramise whenever I can, but some take advantage of you and others just do not have any common sense.

I love the pay, and most importantly the insurance, but the aggravation eats me up. I've gotten to where I don't care any more and the job has suffered for it. Man, I hope I'm not making a mistake with all this.

Thanks for letting me rant and vent. Not really asking for anyone's sympathy, just had to get it out. It helps to deal with the apprehensions of doing this. And where else better to let your feelings out than at CPF? This is the best group I've ever been a part of. This forum IMHO, is worlds apart of all the others I've been to.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
sounds like a big decision!

any idea what's next?

sorry your current place sucks so bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure. Got a friend who has a wife that works in a mortgage office and they are hiring, says they can at least get me into an interview and that I could probably get a position. Got friends that do customer servive at Verizon and told me to apply there. Got someone else that gave me a contact at Rooms To Go working their security.
then there's one option I been wanting to do for a while, though I feel silly about it. But I could very easily get my armed license and get on with one of the security companies here. I have been working as an operations manager for a security company currently, so I have at least a few contacts and a decent resume. Don't know if I should really go that route but its soemthing I been thinking about for awhile. i'm not too worried, I could at least work in the interim as a regular security guard. Just walk into their office and tell them i'll work graveyard shifts and all the overtime they can give me and I'll at least have some income flowing in till somehting better comes along.
Guess its just a human nature thing, seen it before in others. You get secure doing the same thing and change of routine can cause anxiety. Time will tell I suppose. Being human though you just can't help but get those moments of self doubt and wonder if you're making a mistake.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes you just gotta say enough is enough! Sounds like you wouldn't be happy if you stayed. Good Luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
with todays economy, or at any time for that matter, it's a very good idea to have a job before you leave your current one.