The new little NiteCore: "EZAA" Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
:hairpull: <<< Icon because we are addicts and need the info! ;)

There's a new AA light from NiteCore that is almost as small as a AAA light.

How did they do it? Alien technology. :naughty:

No available for preorder.

There is now an official 4sevens announcement now.

Knowns:
Called the "EZAA".
Twisty operation.
Uses AA cells.
83.0 x 16.6 mm (3.27 x 0.65 in).
Weighs 20g without cell (0.7 oz).
Has two modes, off-low-high twisty (same UI as lummi raw?)
Anodized black HA-III and typical NiteCore knurling.
Will have a slick rechargeable feature.
Meant to be a Keychain light,
-Has holes in the tail for split ring,
-A swivel clip for keychain attach will be provided.
-No pocket clip planned, but there are two "extra" holes for it ;)
1/4" tripod mount in the tail.
Has a cool white Cree XR-E LED
-Some warm whites (100 lumen) can be ordered (with delay)
Head will be sealed (not easy to change emitter)
Brass heat sink
130 lumens for "up to" 90 minutes
15 lumens for "up to" 20 hours
Current Regulation - No PWM
IPX-8 Water Resistance
2V maximum voltage input
Not polarity protected
-wrong insertion can lead to permanent damage.
Preorders ship around 4/7/2009

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Re: The new little NiteCore: "EZAA"

I'm guessing it will be 7.5 and 60 lumens, but my prediction record is not very good.

Geoff

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pretty good guess. I would estimate it being right about there as well. Any idea why this is being called a keychain light? When I think of keychain light I think of something like a squeezelight.

[hotlinked image removed - DM51]

If it is being called a keychain light primarily by it's size, then by that nature shouldn't a CMG or Gerber Inifinty be called a keychain light?

Last edited by a moderator:

ackbar

Enlightened

I really dislike it when 4seven plays these tease games. A couple of hours... a day.. fine.. but to drag it out for a week or more. He knows that we are all foaming at the mouth... that sadistic ^*&#@^&# :p

I am concerned that the sidewalls will be too thin and we are going to have a repeat of the first batch of the D10s.

That Alien tech better be good. Otherwise I cannot justify "yet another AA celled light." Perhaps if it had a warm tint.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast

This looks like a very nice basic AA EDC and would be a nice pocket light. I admire a light that is made to be as small as possible for the battery it will use (for small single cell lights). I carry my lights in my pocket and generally end up not carrying nicer lights do to their size.

fenixflashaholic0537

Newly Enlightened

I really dislike it when 4seven plays these tease games. A couple of hours... a day.. fine.. but to drag it out for a week or more. He knows that we are all foaming at the mouth... that sadistic ^*&#@^&# :p

I am concerned that the sidewalls will be too thin and we are going to have a repeat of the first batch of the D10s.

That Alien tech better be good. Otherwise I cannot justify "yet another AA celled light." Perhaps if it had a warm tint.

I agree completely!!!!

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast

After just reading the 9 page thread, I want one of these. Charger built in, twisty head, and the ability to use AAs. Problem I foresee is someone will probably want to run alkies in this thing and forget they are alkies and then plug in the charger. Wait for the fireworks...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

This looks like a very nice basic AA EDC and would be a nice pocket light. I admire a light that is made to be as small as possible for the battery it will use (for small single cell lights). I carry my lights in my pocket and generally end up not carrying nicer lights do to their size.

It's size/weight has me a bit concerned, since I'm more into pocket carry with no clip. The L0D seems to be about right. Normal AA lights have always felt too heavy. Still hasn't stopped me from buying, so I have a feeling this will become my first NiteCore.

Geoff

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's size/weight has me a bit concerned, since I'm more into pocket carry with no clip. The L0D seems to be about right. Normal AA lights have always felt too heavy. Still hasn't stopped me from buying, so I have a feeling this will become my first NiteCore.

Geoff

I also prefer AAA for EDC pocket carry and like my Liteflux 2FX. I rarely carry my D10 due to the noticable size and weight. I do like having the additional capacity that the AA cell provides and feel more secure knowing I have that capacity. I will definately take along something other than the AAA if I know I will be using a light. The EZ seems like it strikes a nice balance and would get carried more often.

Viper715

Enlightened

7777's stated that getting over 100lm out of a AAA for an hour doesn't work so I bet thats a clue to output of over 100lm my guess is 15lm and 130lm and thats in line with the D10. The suspense is killing me.

ackbar

Enlightened

It's size/weight has me a bit concerned, since I'm more into pocket carry with no clip. The L0D seems to be about right. Normal AA lights have always felt too heavy.

Geoff

I've never had a problem carrying a AA light in my pocket without a clip. in fact I've carried a Fenix L2D for several weeks. My trick is to attach a paracord lanyard and then slide it underneath my belt, between the belt and pants. it keeps the light vertical and out of my way.

Personally I've never been a fan of pocket clips. It just gets in the way, or at least it does given how I grip my lights.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. :D

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, here's a cure for flashlight boredom!

Smaller is better, and the light looks very interesting!!

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've never had a problem carrying a AA light in my pocket without a clip. in fact I've carried a Fenix L2D for several weeks. My trick is to attach a paracord lanyard and then slide it underneath my belt, between the belt and pants. it keeps the light vertical and out of my way.

Personally I've never been a fan of pocket clips. It just gets in the way, or at least it does given how I grip my lights.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. :D
+1 No pocket clip here either. Adds too much bulk for me.

STi

Newly Enlightened

I like it! Looks like a sweet keychain light!

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't use clips as clips, but I like them on lights that don't have an anti-roll design. On a light this size though, I'm not sure I'd bother unless it was a descreet little clip.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast

The pocket clip would be an option, if you don't want one, take the light as-is... :crazy:

Toaster

Enlightened

Hmm, well I'm kinda disappointed this doesn't use an XP-E. But I'll probably buy one anyhow :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.