Terralux LED upgrade for Stinger - Any thoughts / opinions?

pbngem

Newly Enlightened
I see there is an LED upgrade now available from Terralux for the streamlight stinger & stinger xt. Has anyone got this upgrade yet & have any opinion on it?

Dorkwheeler

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these from battery junction when they first came out. It lasted a couple weeks. The beam pattern is poor and the color is awful. It then failed and I emailed the company I purchased it from and I got no response. Overall a very poor experience.

SG688

Newly Enlightened
I was lucky with a better sales experience. When I questioned the beam, my seller sent me a free replacement, which was about the same. Then, when I asked how much to keep both - rather than return one, the seller gave me a deep discount on the second one.

I think that the quality is good enough that the new head doesn't look out of place with the Stinger body.

I did have the inner threaded collar - that secures the lens and connects the head to the Stinger - come loose. Applied thread locker and it seems to be OK.

Spydermonkey

Newly Enlightened
I have both upgrades for the Stinger that Terralux sells. The newer one is much brighter and more usable. I found the one with the HP head to be a pain as the larger head gets in the way. The HP upgrade wasn't very bright and produced no flood.

pbngem

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these from battery junction when they first came out. It lasted a couple weeks. The beam pattern is poor and the color is awful. It then failed and I emailed the company I purchased it from and I got no response. Overall a very poor experience.

Are you referring to the stinger HP model or the base model stinger?

pbngem

Newly Enlightened
Well,
Before laying down $40 - $50 , I wanted to find out if this upgrade was worth it.. I'm reading up all that I can then will decide. I read a post where someone commented saying that the cap could have been a bit longer because it barely covered the o-ring?

SG688

Newly Enlightened
Of the two I had in hand, one completely covered the O ring and one just barely did.

When they came apart, I switched the parts around and determined the difference was the thickness of the lens.

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
I haven't posted in a while, but I recently got a Terralux LED upgrade for an old stinger I have. It is very nice, good beam. I will have to remember not to drop it, lol.

Anyone had one for a few years now? How are they holding up?

tbhracing

Newly Enlightened
LOVE THEM! I bought and installed atleast 3 of these units on my Stinger flashlights. Awesome beam reach, flood and really extends the battery life. If you can, remove the center glass lens for better performance.

I would buy them again.

Add- I have dropped my duty Stinger a few times and it keeps working.