Why no high quality multimode P60 sized drop ins?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems odd that the only multimode P60 drop ins are the cheap DX stuff etc. I'd love Malkoff or the BOGUSA drop in to be available in a high - low or even High/Med/Lo config. Any other ideas on this?

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
uhoh.
dereelight is in China, I think.

Flashcrazy's in norCal.. much faster service, but oh well!

Last edited:

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard very good reports of Dereelight's quality. Are these pills, like the 3SM, compatible with the stock optics or reflectors in a Surefire 6P or G2, or would I need to order a reflector, and other parts, as well?

The Dereelight Drop-In assemblies include the reflector and the pill (LED module), they're ready to install in the Surefire 6P, 9P, C2, C3, etc. Once you have the Drop-In assembly, you can unscrew the pill from the reflector and install a different pill to change tint, number of output levels, etc. The 3SM (3 output levels) and the 1SM-2 (single level) are the ones that work with the Surefires listed above. :)

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I'm guessing its because the 6P and C2 were made to mount on firearms. In that scenario a single mode of operation is preferable so thats what the higher end manufacturers market for.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dereelight Drop-In assemblies include the reflector and the pill (LED module), they're ready to install in the Surefire 6P, 9P, C2, C3, etc. Once you have the Drop-In assembly, you can unscrew the pill from the reflector and install a different pill to change tint, number of output levels, etc. The 3SM (3 output levels) and the 1SM-2 (single level) are the ones that work with the Surefires listed above. :)

Thanks, FlashCrazy. I was just looking at your site the other day, and had noticed the 3 level only seemed to be available as a pill. :( But since I'll probably end up with a Solarforce host or two and maybe a 6P in addition to the G2 anyways ... :)

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Dereelight R2 1.2amps running on a single 18650 gives me issues too. If I put it on High it goes to med. If I bang it against something it goes to med. Ironically the cheaper MC-E P60 3 mode from DX has worked flawless and doesn't show any of the mode issues the Dereelight has. The Dereelight w/smooth reflector is a flame thrower and it is great in that sense. It only works good on my Surefire 6P, but on my Solarforce or Surefire Lego's it has the mode problems. I wrap the modules in aluminum foil to get it to fit the Solarforce host real tight, but it still gives me issues.

bigchelis

jbviau

Enlightened
It seems odd that the only multimode P60 drop ins are the cheap DX stuff etc. I'd love Malkoff or the BOGUSA drop in to be available in a high - low or even High/Med/Lo config. Any other ideas on this?

I've been happy with my multimode Wolf Eyes drop-in (haven't tried the Dereelights). That said, I agree 100% that Malkoff needs a high-low version to add to his line-up. I'd buy it without hesitation.