I'm bored! My D10 works too well and I need an excuse to buy new lights!

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I first signed on here a little over 2.5 years ago, I was constantly on here almost 24/7.

Now that I purchased my Nitecore D10 almost 2 years ago, I have had no excuse to come back here as often and keep looking at new lights.

Now, almost 2 years later after buying my original nitecore D10, I'm kind of tired and bored of having a perfect light! The damn D10 simply won't die, and it works as well as the first day I got it!

I've gotten tired of it working so well, that I've dropped many times, never cleaned the original lube off of it and it still works perfect. Some days I find myself secretly hoping I'll lose it (never happen) so I can have a new excuse to buy a new light.

This is a big problem! I've gotten bored of having the perfect light! Help!! :ohgeez::eek:

wingnutLP

Enlightened
I think it is rubbish!

Worst UI ever...

I gave mine to the girlfriend.

Try a liteflux LF3XT, now that is a real light :)

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL to each his own. But all the folks I've gifted varoius d10s to love them and treasure them as much a I do.

And by the way, I made a mistake on my dates. It's only been less than a year since I bought the d10. I feel like it's been a couple of years because I've had the the light for ever, it feels like!! :)

Edit: hmm I took a look at the LF3XT. It seems similar in complexity to my LF2X (which I rarely use), and the LF5XT (which I bought, tested, and sold within a couple of weeks). No thanks, too complex.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Well, there is the upcoming NiteCore EZAA to look forward too.

You could also upgrade your D10 to a Q2-5A or something...

If it works, you have a "newish" light. If you break it, you have your excuse to buy something else...

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enjoy that there is a light that suits your needs. I haven't bought a light in about 4 years now. There are brighter, longer run time models yet the HDS serves me well. Instead I channel the $$ toward other areas of enjoyment. YMMV.

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Never tried a D10. Did have a LF3XT, gave it to my grandson as a programmable toy as output and run time was marginal. Will have to see what the new Nitecore is all about.

Lights are like women, you kind of have to find a good one, or it starts to get expensive.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think even if you lose your D10, you'll end up buying.........

another D10 :laughing:

wadus

Newly Enlightened
How about a Ra Clicky of any flavor? Take it from me, a fellow uber D10 fan. The Clickies are INSANE. You should buy one ol buddy ol pal.. :naughty:

http://uniquetitanium.com/ra_lights.htm

Look and be in wonder.. :thumbsup:

NOOOOO I think you just made my finger drop on the "buy" button it's been hovering over for some time now...:broke:

Can't get enough of my D10, and this coming from another D10 nut, no offense ;), makes me want one worse than ever. Guess there's no sense in delaying the inevitable!

m16a

Enlightened
NOOOOO I think you just made my finger drop on the "buy" button it's been hovering over for some time now...:broke:

Can't get enough of my D10, and this coming from another D10 nut, no offense ;), makes me want one worse than ever. Guess there's no sense in delaying the inevitable!

Do not delay... I thought the D10 was the perfect light, it had a low low, variable brightness, and a great high. Then I tried the clicky, got all of those, and super programmability! It really is an awesome light, and I think that it is great to step up from the D10 to the EDC Executive or other Clicky model.

PS- This isn't me straying off topic, this is me discussing with wadus how he should upgrade, and convince LED-holic that he should indeed buy a new light :)

sygyzy

Enlightened
I agree that Nitecore makes the best lights among the "new generation" of manufacturers. I went on a bit of a spree latley and picked up 2 Nitecores, EagleTac, and a Jet-III M and the Nitecoresd are the best. The UI using the button is way more reliable and work with ONE hand compared to the 2 modes of the latter two using twisting. I always end up loosening the tailcap or using the pocket clip for leverage when changing modes. I don't know who thinks it's a good idea to use the loosening of a threaded item as a selector. It's cumbersome and maybe it's just me but when I think of something threaded, I want it to be closed, not slightly ajar.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know who thinks it's a good idea to use the loosening of a threaded item as a selector. It's cumbersome and maybe it's just me but when I think of something threaded, I want it to be closed, not slightly ajar.

I'd say it's more reliable than a switch, and can be selected before switching on. That's it's appeal for me on certain 2 stage lights anyway, such as the Jetbeam III M and TK10.

BBnet3000

Newly Enlightened
i take pleasure in keeping and using lights for years. i still read this to keep up with whats new, even if i havent bought anything in awhile.

streetmaster

Enlightened
How about a Ra Clicky of any flavor? Take it from me, a fellow uber D10 fan. The Clickies are INSANE. You should buy one ol buddy ol pal.. :naughty:

http://uniquetitanium.com/ra_lights.htm

Look and be in wonder.. :thumbsup:

I'll back up m16a on this one.:buddies: You can not find a better "all-around" light for the price the new line of Clickys are going for. Not even close.