EagleTac XP-E vs XR-E

Tempsho

Newly Enlightened
I see that Eagletac has the XP-E led in their new (ish) P100 series lights. I am however, more interested in the T10L because I have 18650 batteries and want to look for a light that uses such size. What kind of difference is there between these two led's.

If Eagltac was to come out with lets say a T100L (single 18650) would it be worth the wait to have the XP-E over the XR-E? I've seen some good reviews about the T10L and now that they have the revised head design I think that might be my next light.
(to replace my crappy Romisen RC-G4 that crapped out)

What I am I am looking for a in a light is:
- a bit more flood than throw
- single 18650
- 2 or 3 modes (no S.O.S. or strobe)
- about $50 - $80 price range
- flat regulation
- forward clicky

If anybody can think of a light that fits that criteria let me know!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
More spill or a floodier beam?

The Jetbeam Jet III lights might work for you.

The XP-Es have the same performance as the XR-Es (same technology) but the XP-Es have a smaller package size and smaller apparent die size.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeams have more throwy beams.

About XR-E vs. XR-E. It's all about reflector. Both can be floody.

T10L has smoother beam than RC-G4 but throws better. Why? Power!. Produces much more light so less focused beam isn't a problem.

Axion

Enlightened
The main advantage of the XP-E as I see it, is the ability to use a smooth reflector and still have a clean beam. With the XR-E emitter you can get good throw, with dark rings in the beam, or a smooth beam with a highly textured reflector at the expence of throw.

So if you wanted more flood anyway then the XR-E is probably fine for you. If you really want decent throw without dark circles in your beam (me) then you're impatiently waiting for XP-E's to show up in more lights. Preferably warm variants.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Actually, I think with the same sized reflector and output, the XP-E should have a bit more throw due to the smaller apparent die size. The smaller packaging size also allows a bit more reflector surface, but I don't think that matters much. The smoother beam comes from the lack of a metal ring.

The Jetbeam Jet III ST IBS might work. The smaller reflector should give a wide hotspot and the IBS gives you 3 programmable modes.