Relay for Life coming up in April

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Relay for Life is taking place in my area on April 25-26. This is a 24 hour relay to benefit the American Cancer Society to find a cure for cancer. First, I want to say that this post is not to get donations for the organization. I am not asking for donations, will not accept them, and doing either would violate the rules of CPF. I merely want to inform members of an event where they can make a difference in the world while getting to use their flashlights all night long. As some of you may know, my Mom died of cancer on October 18, 2007 shortly before the Witch fire in Ramona, CA. Finding a cure for cancer is something near and dear to my heart. During the relay, we try to keep at least one person from each team on the track for 24 hours straight. Late at night, the only light on the track is from the candles in the luminaria bags (names of those lost to cancer or fighting it are lit up on the bags). The infield and much of the track are dark from midnight on. It's a great excuse to use your flashlights while serving the community. For those of you interested, feel free to sign up in your area. The American Cancer Society is having local events across the U.S.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My wife's been doing this for a number of years with teachers from her school. She's usually out in the early morning.

Geoff