Removal of Minimag LED switch?

cfromc

Enlightened
Has anyone removed a minimag LED switch? If so, how? I unscrewed the bottom of the switch but the switch did not separate and instead stopped turning, I still can't get the assembly out. Help!

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no "switch" per se; the switching is done when contact is made between the bulb assembly and a lip inside the top end of the tube, under pressure from the battery spring. If by switch you mean the bulb assembly, you just push on it (with batteries out) until it snaps out of the retainer and drops through.

cfromc

Enlightened
There is no "switch" per se; the switching is done when contact is made between the bulb assembly and a lip inside the top end of the tube, under pressure from the battery spring. If by switch you mean the bulb assembly, you just push on it (with batteries out) until it snaps out of the retainer and drops through.

There is no bulb, but will pushing the LED/switch assembly out damage anything? Can it be reassembled later?

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no bulb, but will pushing the LED/switch assembly out damage anything? Can it be reassembled later?
It didn't hurt anything when I did it. Yes, it can be reassembled.