• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Can you make me a 38mm aluminum head for a McGizmo PD?

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to have a custom head made for an Aluminum McGizmo PD(-S). The head will have a 38mm McGizmo reflector and will operate just like any other 2 stage PD. Can you build me such a beast? The head will be a custom host that you will design and machine for me as a collaborative effort. This will be an overdriven 1x123 pocket throw monster. If you are a machinist who wants to build the host, but can't do the guts, we'll need to include another person who can build the light engine in the development process.

I am looking for something that has the build quality and fit/finish of a McGizmo or a SureFire. It also should ideally maintain the aesthetic/style of the existing 38mm McGizmo heads OR the S27 look. This light needs to withstand some torture, so it will need to be designed with that in mind and hard anodized. I'd also like to have the PD ano stripped and re-anodized. Perhaps we can do something unusual with the anodize, perhaps not. My intent is to create something truly special and unique in the final result and explore the options.

No, I don't want an Aleph although I have considered just breaking down and going for it. I just love the PD format too much. I can't go back to clickies and I have no use for a twist only light without tailcap momentary. Ti will be too heavy and too expensive for my needs. This is going to be a toss on gravel beat the hell out of it user light and I can't have a pound of Ti swinging on my wrist for 10 miles. (Aside from the fatigue factor, ever have a swinging light hit you in the WRONG place? I have! :eeksign:). A Ti bezel ring would be pretty cool though. I'd be all over that. I am thinking a matching Atwoodized Ti bezel and piston would be pretty spiffy. :naughty:

I am interested in a cash or trade deal. I have lots of gadgety goodness, lights, knives, Atwoods, etc. that might be possibilities. Or I can just pay you.

Please PM or email me at my user name at gmail.com if you are interested in helping me create a dream light. I think the final creation will turn out to be something everyone involved will be quite proud to have contributed their efforts to. I am not in any hurry and would like to take the time to really produce a labor of love.

Thank you!

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not use the McR45?

Do you have a source for the driver?

EDIT: FWIW, if you have a PD-S with a good HA finish, it may be easier to adapt an existing Aleph A3 head to the body, then you wouldn't have to go through the *risky* HA refinish process.

Last edited: