I can't believe they still sell this!

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you beat this one?

The rules are it has to be truly crappy an antiquated (no new crap). Post must be civil! You must be truly amazed they still sell the light.

The following contender makes a Mag Solitaire look great and a DX look amazing. So you have to try to do worse than this one:

Squeeze Light by Orvis.
for $8.

N-Squeeze.jpg

I used to have one of these when I was 5 yr old back in the 70's. They came in a cookie jar by the checkout counter at the five and dime. I had to beg on several occasions to get just one. Mine had glow in the dark wrapper and non-replaceable batteries.
Crappy qualities:
- N cells to make cell replacement difficult and expensive.
- Lensed penlight filament (usually off center) bulb for a really bad beam and ultra dim and yellow.
- Momentary only (or is this a feature to prolong the life of the above?)

Good qualities:
- My first mod was to this light. (I replaced the non-replaceable batteries)
- Started me on the way to flashoholism (or is that a bad quality?)
- Brings back memories. (Thanks, Dad!)
- Makes you appreciate all other lights.

Last edited:

american lockpicker

Enlightened
"N cells to make cell replacement difficult and expensive"

I disagree with that N cells are much cheaper that CR 123 at retail stores and they are easier to find(Lowes, Radio Shack and, many pharmacys and supermarkets carry them) than AAAAs.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I can't believe they still sell those disposable incan 2AAA pen lights. I see those at supermarkets and 7-11 stores all the time.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't believe they still sell those disposable incan 2AAA pen lights. I see those at supermarkets and 7-11 stores all the time.

In my country they still sell chinese made TigerHead brand 2D incan flashlights.
Flashlight_menu_Main1u8u5.jpg

carrot

Flashaholic

solitairekeys.jpg

Pros: wicked cheap, uses common cells, nice size, focusable, good throw for its size, candle mode
Cons: is this thing even ON? runs out of juice very quickly and bulbs burn out in a matter of hours.

american lockpicker

Enlightened

solitairekeys.jpg

Pros: wicked cheap, uses common cells, nice size, focusable, good throw for its size, candle mode
Cons: is this thing even ON? runs out of juice very quickly and bulbs burn out in a matter of hours.

On average I buy 5 of those a year and give them away as gifts.

rmteo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reason they still sell/make this is because there are people (of which CPF'ers are a miniscule minority - probably less than a fraction of a percentage point) that still buy them.

I can't believe that they still BUY this.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
if that red one is soft bendy plastic and the red dot is momentary button its similar to my first big and powerful flashlight.

but i think mine was 3D light. and green.

one that i originally needed to beg my dad to loan to me when we kids were playing flashlight tag. it was most powerful of the bunch!! and also had the "bullet" momentary.

suprising fact. it still WORKS! i eventually gave it back to him. i resist urge to mess with it. to many happy memories. might ledify it when it burns the bulb but not before!

the metallic silver one is the kind im looking for my extra niteize dropin :)

-hmm..need to go look for the green monster tomorrow!

*to add to topic.. those 4.5v flat batteryflashlights.. I have one broken one ready to be modded with mce or p7.

Rando

Enlightened
6PD-BK.jpg

Expensive batteries, inefficient, expensive incandescent bulb, basically the same as the G2 for twice the cost...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my country they still sell chinese made TigerHead brand 2D incan flashlights.
Flashlight_menu_Main1u8u5.jpg

Brings back old memories! I remember those from way back in the days. The shops at the local Chinatown used to have boxes of those flashlights. One of the neat features was that little button right above the switch, which was for momentary/flash.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
6PD-BK.jpg

Expensive batteries, inefficient, expensive incandescent bulb, basically the same as the G2 for twice the cost...

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!! :laughing:

In all seriousness, while on duty, I'd carry that 6P with it's original incan P60 bulb as opposed to any fenix, nitecore, xxxxxfire light!

But of course, there are so many better options! I carry that one with a Malkoff M60!

GreyShark

Enlightened
65 lumens for one hour for $5? What's not to love? :nana:

Now if you drop a P91 on 2 IMR's into the same light it may not have much runtime but it's more fun and less expensive! :thumbsup:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Until you drop in a cheapo Ebay LED drop in into a G2 and see it burns up in smoke.

The price for a 6P is a bargain when you consider custom makers sell the body alone for 35-40 dollars, and if any part breaks Surefire will replace it for you.

6PD-BK.jpg