my wallet will be happy soon..

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
it will be SO happy soon.. you know why?

yeah, you guessed it,

spring is coming.

you know what that means.

one doesnt need flashlights that much.

atleast here up north one dont. midnight sun etc.

i realised it today when i went outside at 7pm and didnt need a flashlight to see around.

without obvious visual need for more light every day, i think my need to buy shiny bright lights will become much more controllable.

if the spring comes really fast i might be able to postpone the BIG flooder flashlight purchase to after summer.

got 2 things i might use that money instead, enginework for my AMC or new tires for my dailydriver when the studded wintertyres are removed.

so my wallet will not get a break, but it will just readjust direction of money flow. hah

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
...one doesnt need flashlights that much...
Your logic confuses and confounds me. The sun still sets. There are still caves to explore and power outages in office buildings and shopping malls. Those emergency lighting thingys never friggin work. Ever been to a movie theater or a nice restaurant that's dimly lit? One doesn't need flashlights that much.. Ha.. you sir are speaking sacrilege. :mad:

KingGlamis

Banned
Your logic confuses and confounds me. The sun still sets. There are still caves to explore and power outages in office buildings and shopping malls. Those emergency lighting thingys never friggin work. Ever been to a movie theater or a nice restaurant that's dimly lit? One doesn't need flashlights that much.. Ha.. you sir are speaking sacrilege. :mad:

Agreed! NonSenCe posts nonsense! :laughing:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think spring time and warm weather puts me more in the mood to add to the collection. Better to slink around the yard after dark shining the treetops. And, with the leaves out, the neighbors are less likely to notice.

Geoff

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
king glamis: hence the nick. and i have been waiting for that comment awhile now. :)

need versus want. yeah thats the problem. but im still new to this flashlight thing so i can claim that i buy my stuff on need basis.
or i can atleast try to make a good excuse for buying new one and not selling others that are similar to it.

glad i dont have afford to listen the "want" part of my brain every day.

and like i said. it will be only dusk here in couple months.. in june at midnight, darkest place in the yard will be in the shade of the tree.

dark caves? im not batman. i dont like them. also there really arent many of those here anyways.

i like open spaces and dont like crowds..

so shoppingmalls and markets are not for me either.

but i will still carry an EDC with me so i should be a-ok.

also the malls and markets i frequently visit i do know them better than "regular" people..
i know the passageways and emergency exits of them as i have atleast at one point either:
1.guarded them.
2.delivered goods into them
3.renovated them
4.cleaned them

and i am nosy. (whats behind that door)

and every new location i go into i always keep my eyes open and look for the ways out and whats behind door no.2... yeah im paranoid. hahahah!

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
without need you wouldnt have any!

need to use
need to have
need to fill the want/desire

;)

so need is more powerful than want! hah

** arrgggh. sun is still shining and its 7pm!

and i just opened c2h package!

mannnnn i wannntt darkness now, and BAD!

one just cant see warm tint while sun is up!

currently: love the tint but hate the beam. (uglyest i have had and its with OP!!) hate the clicky its so stiff to use. high pitch whine but not that loud.. will wait to see if it begin to annoy in more silent surroundings.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
i rejoice.

havent had any serious cravings to buy a flashlight in TWO days!

I AM CURED! hahhahh. ok, maybe not cured but atleast my flashaholism is getting under control!

and there is still one yet to come.. d10 is still on its way.

latest purchases have filled the needs well..
-c2h replaced tk11 as main edc. its small and lightweight so i can keep it in my trouser pocket.. tk was in jacket pocket.. now its gettin warmer so i dont need the heavy winter jacket anymore.
-lummi raw: cool keychain fob.

now we will wait and see if d10 is better than c2h. (it has only 2 negatives so far: 1. Stiff loud clicky 2. short runtime.)

and if i can resist the urge to buy a flashlight for next few weeks.. say till end of april. i can easily resist buying them for next 4 months or so.. as summer is coming and then is plenty of natural light available.

and i already have the ones i might need in dark rooms and cabinets.

i think i have the ones i need. i might only need/want maybe one programmable light and one powerful flooder. and with flooder i could wait till darkness of the autumn. things look good and bright. :)