solarforce L 950 reviews

drillbritz2ov

Newly Enlightened
hello i am looking for test or a review for the solarforce L 950 2 x 18650 powered version . I have done a search for a review on the forum but have not found anything relevant maybe someone knows where to look for it . Somebody please point me in the right direction.cliff

DigitalGreaseMonkey

Newly Enlightened
hello i am looking for test or a review for the solarforce L 950 2 x 18650 powered version . I have done a search for a review on the forum but have not found anything relevant maybe someone knows where to look for it . Somebody please point me in the right direction.cliff

This is a current thread that will help get you started:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/226100

If you do a google search on L900 reviews, that will also be applicable.

The reflectors are identical, the output is so similar that you will need instruments to tell the difference, the slight color tint difference is not a big concern. The main difference is that the three cell versions are only single mode, always on high (which I prefer for security work). The two cell version has the same output, but less run time on high and a 50% output level that will run for about four hours if I remember correctly.

I have the L900 (3 18650 cells P7) and the T700 (3 18650 cells with 3 Q5 emitters). They are both top notch lights, highly recommended!

Best regards,
DGM

bullettproof

Enlightened
I ordered an L950M so Ill give some info on it. Im sure the the 950M should be a little more bright because it has a D bin instead of a C bin. I should get it tommorrow:twothumbs

bullettproof

Enlightened
I got the 950M today. The build quality and finish is Excellent its as nice as my Tiablo or Dereelight.It has Double orings at the tail and the light is Solid as a rock it feels heavy and very well put together. The beam is very white even more so then my Dereelight Q5 1.2A WH. Ill try to get some beam shots tonight.It should be very similar to the Tiablo ACE. Ive read that they are almost identical in LUX values but the 950 has a bigger head which should help it some.The finish is HA-III and is perfect. It deffinately feels and looks like a high end light!!!!!

Last edited:

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a Tiablo ACE and I would say visually, it looks like a comparable quad-die LED thrower. I still don't like that they used a cool white SX0 tint P7 instead of the plain white SW0 used in the L900 (I know these all are considered "cool white" tints). I disassembled it and it looks like it's fairly easy to swap the emitter and I plan on doing it...

DSCN0614.jpg

Last edited:

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tiablo ACE throws slightly better, but Solarforce L900/L900M/L950M/L1000 don't have that ugly donut hole or cross in the hotspot on a longer distance.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tiablo ACE throws slightly better, but Solarforce L900/L900M/L950M/L1000 don't have that ugly donut hole or cross in the hotspot on a longer distance.

I would say with comparable throw, excellent build quality and finish, having 2 modes, no donut/cross artifact in the beam and costing around half of what the Tiablo ACE does makes the Solarforce L950M a bang for the buck deal of a flashlight! :thumbsup:

bullettproof

Enlightened
I would say with comparable throw, excellent build quality and finish, having 2 modes, no donut/cross artifact in the beam and costing around half of what the Tiablo ACE does makes the Solarforce L950M a bang for the buck deal of a flashlight! :thumbsup:

I agree with ACE he knows what hes talking about as of now I have no complaints. The color of the beam is just fine to me. To each there own:thumbsup:

bullettproof

Enlightened
Heres the tint color of the L950M compared to a Dereelight Q5 WH @1.2A both pics were taken on the same White door ISO 100 on Canon Elph SD750.

I think the L950M has an almost pure white beam.However I guess Led's vary from each other. Also thats about 3-4 feet away notice NO Donut in the L950M.

L950M
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...eshack.us/img217/7215/img0133.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Dereelight CL1HV3 Q5 WH 1.2A
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...geshack.us/img217/27/img0134u.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

zapper

Enlightened
That looks awesome!
I was debating between this and the Stanley HID.
I think I'll go with the L950M because of the tint, batteries, run time and not having to worry about how long it's been on or off between start-ups.

bullettproof

Enlightened
That looks awesome!
I was debating between this and the Stanley HID.
I think I'll go with the L950M because of the tint, batteries, run time and not having to worry about how long it's been on or off between start-ups.

Zapper Lighthound is in Houston also and they have them in stock 89.00 shipped you might be able to just go pick it up.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks pretty focused for a P7 :duh2:
Reflectors do help.

KRUPPSTAHL

Newly Enlightened
now i would like to see a comparison of:

Solarforce L 950

Fenix TK 40

Eagle Tac Megalight

i have been using solarforceparts .....and they are pretty good for the money.

bullettproof

Enlightened
now i would like to see a comparison of:

Solarforce L 950

Fenix TK 40

Eagle Tac Megalight

i have been using solarforceparts .....and they are pretty good for the money.

The L950M is just about identical to the Tiablo ACE in LUX. With its massive head I dont see those lights out performing it. The Head is 72MM and it throws rather well for a P7 more so then any of my others. For the quality and price the others cant touch it.The beam is so smooth and White mine has no Blue tint but LEd's differ!!!!

darkinvader

Newly Enlightened
I have a L900 with a dead engine, does anyone know where I could get a new engine or some way to modify it for a newer engine. Mine has a threaded brass engine not a drop-in!