My modded KL5-Leef mod (EDC)

collector

Newly Enlightened
KL5 Head + 18650LeefBody + Surefire SW02
As you may notice, I use the C-M-adapter from a KL3....
Few dings here and there, this one gets used.

Swapped the old LuxV with SSC P4, this thing is a lightsabre !
Awesome throw, with spill, but a VERY tight hotspot.
Pic does not show, but emitter is centered....
I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking here....
Thanks for looking ! :wave:

IMG_6204.jpg

IMG_6217.jpg

IMG_6218.jpg

IMG_6219.jpg

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Why did you use a C2M from KL3 when KL5 is set up to fit a C series SF body? For contrast?

Bill

Greg G

Enlightened
What did you do with the original body? They can be bored for an 18650.

The Seoul is a big improvement over the Lux V IMO. When you get ready to change out the LED again a Cree XR-E works very well in that reflector as well.

Last edited:

collector

Newly Enlightened
Bill, imo, the KL3 C-M-Adapter looks better to me then the adapter it came with. It makes the head look longer (like L6 maybe, hehe). It is black, but since the switch boot is black too, the color is not out of place on the light.

I bought the KL5 without any tubes, and I had no C-bodies before, this is my first ! I had bought the switch on impulse, the price was a steal, it was even before I had bought the Leef body. Same goes for the KL5 head, which I had for almost 2 years before buying the Leef Body...

The led-upgrade is indeed a BIG improvement. I'm still wondering how "efficient" the driver is. It's quite bright with the single 18650, and I don't notice any increase in output when using 2xR123. So it should be a buck-circuit then ?

Next for modding are a KL2, an M3 and a black KL3 with OD C-M-adapter... :lolsign:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sexy Lego :D

I like the use of black C-M adapter goes with the black rubber SW02 shroud :D

All you need now is a Novatac clip :devil:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Check the current from battery(s). Measure at end of battery body. KL5 is considered having a boost circuit, that is the ones originally made with the Lux V LED. vf of Lux V is mostly higher than 6 volts, though some Lux V's had really lows vf. Measure current for 18650 and two CR123's.

Bill