Surefire E2E tail cap durability

dmatic

Newly Enlightened
i was looking at threads and saw the innards of the e2e tailcap, which i noticed were plastic, im planning to buy an e2e, i already have a g2 led, but its too bulky for me for edc.
so im buying a ha edc light and i am looking for 3 things

- Rock solid reliability
- Most durable tail cap, preferably all metal construction
- regulated output

price range 120 dollars plus tax and shipping

wadus

Newly Enlightened
Ra Clicky EDC Executive for $99 might work? Even the flush button is metal on it, or you can go with the Tactical version for $10 more which is a bit different and has a rubber clicky that extends from the tail a bit. I am just going by so many peoples' recommendations right now because mine is still in the mail. :devil:

Guy's Dropper

Enlightened
You can get an E2E for $65 at http://www.lapolicegear.com/sue2eflsagr.html , which is a really good deal. I have an E2E, and I really like it, but I have not owned it for long enough to know how sturdy the tail cap is. There's really nothing to worry about though. I have not yet read any complaints about the tail cap, but if it does break, Surefire will replace it for free.

Last edited:

dmatic

Newly Enlightened
yeah but if it breaks in an emergency, the warranty isnt much, could someone point me to an all metal construction tailcap, tis gotta be a surefire

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Then you're out of luck. All Surefire tailcaps have some plastic bits. Well maybe the M6 is the exception but that's all I can think of.

Last edited:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
from time to time I like to remind people to lobby Surefire to:

BRING BACK Z52!!!!!!!

The twisty/momentary tail cap was the epitemy of reliability.

Tried to get one as replacement for my broken e1e clickie from SF, but no go:sigh:

The new clickes seem much better than the first generation though..

An Aleph shrouded tailcap might be pretty bombproof. Sandwich shoppe has them..

firefly99

Enlightened
yeah but if it breaks in an emergency, the warranty isnt much, could someone point me to an all metal construction tailcap, tis gotta be a surefire
No worry, it is more likely the rubber boot will be worn off before the internal parts fail.

dmatic

Newly Enlightened
well guess ill get the e2e, if theres a more reliable tailcap i can add to it let me know, i also noticed you cant buy the e2l led lamp which i hoped to buy, but ill just get an mn02 i guess, im a
also adding a red lens to it for night vision.

im currently decided between a z50 lanyard or a combat ring, or both

anyway give me some input guys

Tec40

Newly Enlightened
I think you will like the MN02 bulb. I use that bulb only, in my E2E's. Very bright for 25 lumens,and has 2 hour runtime.

Seiko

Newly Enlightened
They have had 3 or 4 versions of the clicker.
If you have the newest one plastic surrounded by a metal ring it is ok. If it is the version before this that did not have the metal ring. You'll be calling surefire at some point because it broke when dropped from 2 feet onto nice soft carpet and broke lol.

The failure point on these is the plastic tabs that hold the spring in. So even if it does break, just be careful putting it back together so the little rod on the spring stays in its hole. It will work just fine and the only time you have to worry about it is battery changes. But the replacement under warranty arrives UPS so at most 3 days until you have a new one.

I beat the heck out of my lights at work, Ive yet to break any of the most recent versions of the clickie, I did break 6 of the ones without the ring.....