Very helpful 8 dollar tool is must have

Sorry about the blurry picture. My pos point and shoot camera decides where it wants to focus not where I tell it.

Anyway........

This tool is called the 3rd hand. It has a magnifying glass and is fully articulating. I could not have fixed my broken spear without it. I thought I would show it to everyone who has not seen this type of device before (like me).

IMG_1601a.jpg

JamisonM

Enlightened
I've been wanting to get a pair of helping hands. Another tool that I love, from the little I've used it, is this wire stripper. I found a pair at the local salvation army and I love them. They work great for the 24awg solid core wire I used them with.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have exactly that model!, bought mine for $4.99 at microcenter, the magnifying glass came very handy when I was adding 7135 chips to make a 1400ma circuit.

AlexGT

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I've been wanting to get a pair of helping hands. Another tool that I love, from the little I've used it, is this wire stripper. I found a pair at the local salvation army and I love them. They work great for the 24awg solid core wire I used them with.

Well what do you know, today is your lucky day! I've got one that I never use, your welcome to have them IF you will use them. No charge.

I've had one of these since I started soldering. I bought them from Radio Shack back in 1992. It's probably been sitting in my closet unused for over 10 years. Just pulled it out, there's quite a bit of dust on them but they are in great condition, magnifying glass & all. Radio Shack P/N 64-2063.

If you want them, PM your address & I'll get em out Tues.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Heard of these things but I've never seen them in person!

They ought to make things alot easier. I have done emitter swaps where I have yelled out in frustration that I wish I had 2 more hands! LOL

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used them, but for many projects, the clips are either too small or too big/rough for what I need to do. I've found a specialized holder to be much better when working with many similar parts.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL

I am in the UK and I have the exact same "helping hand"
as well as the pin vice that has been posted in the machining
section :D

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Well what do you know, today is your lucky day! I've got one that I never use, your welcome to have them IF you will use them. No charge.

I've had one of these since I started soldering. I bought them from Radio Shack back in 1992. It's probably been sitting in my closet unused for over 10 years. Just pulled it out, there's quite a bit of dust on them but they are in great condition, magnifying glass & all. Radio Shack P/N 64-2063.

If you want them, PM your address & I'll get em out Tues.

Jamison, shipped today. Hope you can put it to good use, shipping cost more than what the tool cost. :ohgeez:

Ajay

Enlightened
They sell for $20 at my local radioshack here in Queens, NY. Expensive I know. I got mine for $10 because I recycled an old phone and I got $10 for that at the same Radioshack.
Mine came with magnifying glass, solder gun holder and a sponge.
helpinghands.jpg

Very useful gizmo when working on tiny torchlight parts.:twothumbs