POB ruined, sort of, rehost?

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh boy. plugged in the wrong charger into it. a 12vac rather than the 13.8vdc one that came in it. they looked the same and i had a brain fart.

anyway, the sucker doesn't charge anymore. no red light. just a very dim green.

soo i was thinking to rip the guts out and put it into something else. hopefully something smaller with no regards to runtime. so what can the bulb and ballast fit into that can supply 13.8v? to run it.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if there wasn't a fuse blown internally? The battery should still charge up just fine. I was only laughing at him because it's funny. Sheesh! I laugh at myself when I mess up like that too.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
no it's okay. he was just joking. seriously i'm not upset. i just hate to see the parts go to waste.

how many nimhs do you guys think it needs to run? i was thinking 10.
i'm not sure though at what current this thing is pulling. anybody know? if it's alot then maybe not a good idea with the nimh. i mean how long can it last..

actually this morning i was thinking to make it into a POB shorty.
the battery is the most heavy part of the flashlight. it's easy accessible through the rear by removing 2 simple screws.

i was thinking to cut the rear off and connect to the front and stuff some AA holders in there. relocate the switch. get rid of the charging electronics too.

or stuff in some cheap floating lantern body...

or have an hid as my trunk light :p:shrug:

Latest posts